Technical Support Engineer
Position Prospectus - Support Engineer
(Relocation allowance is available for qualified individuals that want to join our team and live by the water in beautiful South East Michigan)
About the Company: Advantage Technologies (www.adv-tech.com) is pretty much one of the coolest places to work in the world. We treat our people like partners, and everyone pulls together to build our team. No gossip, no backstabbing. We really care about our people, and it shows. OK, so what we do - Advantage Technologies provides computer hardware, software, security, and networking infrastructure to small business, particularly focusing on professional service organizations (dentists, doctors, engineering companies, insurance agencies, CPA firms, etc). We provide the servers, workstations, cabling, management and integration services to keep our clients serving their clients. We deliver Hassle Free IT.
Position Outline: Support engineers are the front lines of the customer technical experience. They provide top of the line telephone and web based support for the clients that we serve. Your goal in this position is to use all of the tools available to you to provide world class support to our clients. You need to be able to remotely diagnose computers, network issues, printer issues, servers, backups, and other computer / network administration and support tasks. Our clients count on us to deliver them answers when they need help. That's Hassle Free IT.
- Work with clients to resolve technical cases. Requires great communication skills to be able to bridge the gap between tech speak and normal person speak. Key Result Area - cases are assigned and resolved in a timely manner with a great customer experience.
- Quickly and efficiently identify practical solutions to technical issues. Requires a strong technical and analytical ability. You need to understand Windows based networks and common troubleshooting steps, and have the ability to research and come up with creative solutions where needed. Key Result Area - demonstrate competency with technical issues and creativity when dealing with uncommon challenges.
- Continually grow your knowledge base. You need to be able to learn quickly. You will be exposed to some cutting edge technology used by our clients. You need to be willing to learn how to use it. Key Result Area - demonstrate fundamental understanding of the tools used by our clients and the knowledge necessary to effectively support them.
Compensation Plan: This is an entry level full time technical position, with plenty of room for advancement.
- $26,000 - $32,000 / year starting with great advancement opportunities
- Major Medical / Dental / Optical / Prescription benefits after probationary period
- Company Matched IRA Retirement after 1 year service
Holidays and Personal Time
- All company holidays will be time off with full pay
- Personal time off will be extended in accordance with the policy outlined in the team guide
- Compulsory time off will be extended in accordance with the policy outlined in the team guide
- Eligible to receive health benefits in accordance with the current benefits policy of Advantage Technologies, upon completion of probationary period.
- Advantage Technologies maintains an Individual Retirement Account (IRA) program with company matched contributions. All employees will be eligible for retirement benefits after 1 year of full time employment. Maintenance and custodial fees for the IRA account are paid by the company.
Bonuses and Profit Sharing
- Company provides a bonus structure available to all employees for referrals and various performance incentives. These bonuses will vary from team to team.
- Company provides profit sharing per the team guide. Employee will be eligible for profit sharing after the completion of their probationary period.
Probationary Period: The first 90 days of employment is considered to be probationary and a training period. The probationary period will be considered complete (possibly ahead of 90 days), if the individual can demonstrate satisfactory results in the key responsibility areas listed above.
Seriously, this is a great place to work.
- Inc. 5000 fastest growing companies in America (3 years in a row and counting) (http://www.inc.com/profile/advantage-technologies)
- Full benefits including 100% paid dental and vision for your entire family.
- XBox Ones and HD TV's in the breakroom. (Nope, no kidding).
- Great advancement opportunities.
- An unbeatable culture.
Sun, 7 May 2017 06:46:17 PDT