The Controller is responsible for all of the accounting activities at the company. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, timely and accurate recording of daily goods, ensuring accurate inventories of goods, recording of daily receipts of products, recording of daily sales and transfers of all products, accounts payable, payroll, and KPI reporting. Additional responsibilities include annual budgeting, forecasting, financial variance analysis, and cost accounting.
The Controller has direct supervisory responsibility for a staff of three.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that daily goods are recorded timely and accurately
- Preparation of daily/weekly/monthly performance reports
- Preparation of monthly reporting
- Provide financial leadership
- Provide leadership direction to accounting staff to include development opportunities, performance management, and individual development plans
- Supervise the recording of daily receipts of goods
- Supervise the recording of daily sales
- Maintain accurate inventory records
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures
- Supervise, review, and approve vouchering of accounts payable
- Supervise the payroll function
Skills and Abilities
- Experience leading and developing a team of people responsible for accounting and payroll activities
- Excellent data analysis skills with a focus on problem solving
- Strong computer skills, specifically in Excel.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including the ability to delegate effectively
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate and work with employees at all levels of the organization as well as our member/owners and external stakeholders
- Perform tasks with a high level of confidentiality
- Flexible and positive in a fast-paced and ever changing environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Business with an emphasis in Accounting or Finance
3+ years of experience as a controller
- Previous supervisory experience
- Knowledge of GAAP and internal controls
If you are qualified and interested in this position, please apply!
PrideStaff is a national staffing organization, delivering innovative solutions to the challenges employers face every day. Over the years, PrideStaff has been a consistent industry leader, developing technology and service processes that allow our organization to deliver superior performance. With locations across the United States, we're well positioned to partner with clients and candidates to ensure a successful match of employee talent with customer needs. When it comes to your success, we leave nothing to chance!
Our Mission: Consistently provide client experiences focused on what they value most.
Sun, 7 May 2017 02:23:17 PDT