Biobank Technical Manager
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine - Colorado Center for Personalized Medicine
Biobank Technical Manager
Position #732097 - Requisition 08703
The CLIA Technical Manager will be responsible for the technical and scientific oversight of the laboratory, as well as managing day-to-day operations. Broad areas of responsibility include but are not limited to clinical operations, quality assurance, regulatory compliance, research and development, and supervision of laboratory testing personnel. The Technical Manager will work closely with the overall biobank Director and other members of leadership to devise and implement solutions for wet-lab work, data analysis, validation studies, and sample storage and curation. Professional and collaborative interactions with clinicians, researchers, trainees, and administrators are required to ensure smooth operation of the Biobank in compliance with regulatory guidelines.
Experience in laboratory management and regulatory compliance. Technical laboratory skills and biospecimen data management experience including experience with Laboratory Information Management Systems for tracking of specimens, workflows, and reagents. Proficiency in molecular genetics laboratory techniques and data analysis in a wide range of platforms. Additional skills include excellent attention to detail, proven ability to work both independently and as a team, personnel management, and excellent communication and time management.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is begins at $75,000 and is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- M.D. or D.O. licensed to practice medicine in CO AND at least 1 year of genetics laboratory experience in a CLIA-certified or accredited high-complexity laboratory.
- Ph.D. in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science or medical technology AND at least 1 year of genetics laboratory experience in a CLIA-certified or accredited high-complexity laboratory.
- M.S. in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science or medical technology AND at least 2 years of genetics laboratory experience in a CLIA-certified or accredited high-complexity laboratory
- B.S. in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science or medical technology AND at least 4 years of genetics laboratory experience in a CLIA-certified or accredited high-complexity laboratory
- Experience with high-throughput genetic testing, Illumina Infinium microarray chemistry
- Experience in a CAP-accredited Biorepository desirable.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Donna Brown at Donna.Brown@ucdenver.edu
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 3-5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but full consideration will be given to complete applications received by 3/22/2017. Those who do not apply by 3/22/2017 may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Research Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: U0001 -- Denver-Anschutz Administration - 21637 - ADM-VCHA-BIPM DNA Bank
Posting Date: Mar 7, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Donna Brown
Posting Contact Email: Donna.Brown@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00732097