Staff Research Associate IV
50% Part Time
8AM - 5PM
$57,108 - $91,896
Under the direction of the Principal Investigator, the responsibilities of the Staff Research Associate include: Supervise and train graduate students in administration of standardized educational assessments in both individual and group settings with middle school students (Grades 6 - 8) who are receiving special education services. Independently lead and manage multi-faceted testing procedures (both group and individual) for the Institute of Education Sciences (IES) grant funded research.
Ph.D. in Education and minimum of 5 years experience in related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Demonstrated skills in creativity, flexibility, adaptability, initiative, planning, and organization.
Demonstrated experience in supervising, teamwork, and leadership.
Demonstrated professional, managerial, and technical knowledge.
Demonstrated skills in accuracy and precision of work, responsiveness, follow-up, reliability, and decision-making.
Demonstrated skills in prioritizing, productivity, and timeliness.
Strong communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate a message in written and oral expression.
Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with others with tact and diplomacy.
Demonstrated knowledge of reading acquisition and improvement.
Demonstrated excellent computer skills, especially with Word, Excel, Access, SPSS, and SAS.
Demonstrated skills to independently select, set up, adjust, modify, train others, and administer a wide-range of standardized and researcher-developed measures with precision and accuracy.
Knowledge of safe procedures and professional interactions with adults and students.
Knowledge of local school districts and general working structure of middle school campus and class environs.
Scientific abstract research and diligent writing aptitude.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview