Solutions Consultant (Technical Sales)
Bluewater's Solution Consultant will achieve maximum sales profitability, growth, and account penetration within the Learning & Talent Management market by effectively selling Bluewater's consulting services and providing sales solutions. The Solution Consultant will identify and secure new business accounts/customers, manage opportunity pipeline and business relationships as well as determine and document the scope of a client's project, and close the sale.
- Promote/sell/secure contracts from new prospective customers through a relationship-based approach.
- Demonstrate services to existing/potential customers and assist them in selecting solutions that best suit their business needs.
- Collaboratively define and document the scope of a prospective project
- Draft and present SOW to potential clients
- Close sales
- Establish and support team sales goals and targets in collaboration with the VP of Business Development; track progress and make adjustments as needed.
- Plan and organize personal sales strategy by maximizing the Return on Time Investment.
- Research sources for developing prospective customer pipeline and for data to determine their potential.
- Identify Bluewater service advantages and effectively communicate the value of our differentiated services.
- Make telephone calls, in-person visits, and presentations to prospective customers.
- Establish, develop, and maintain business relationships with prospective customers in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business for Bluewater.
- Develop clear and effective written proposals/quotations for prospective customers.
- Coordinate sales effort with sales management, professional services, marketing, and technical service groups.
- Supply management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints as needed
- Keep apprised of market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical service areas.
- Analyze the territory/market's potential and determine the value of prospective customers' value to the organization.
- Participate in trade shows and conventions regularly (6-10 annually).
- Must possess 5+ years of experience in Solution Sales - preferred within the Learning/Talent Management sector.
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving; ability to determine solutions for customers (consultative sales approach).
- Must be results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite applications and contact management software.
- Valid driver's license.
- Possession of a post-secondary degree in Business Development or other like field.
- Experience with Learning and/or Talent Management technologies either as a user, administrator or via previous sales/solution role.
- Entrepreneurial mind-set.
Bluewater stands for helping others and finding meaning and fulfillment in the success of our clients. Since 2003, we've been obsessed with continually pushing ourselves to do great things for our clients and we work as a team helping forever change the destiny of the organizations that we touch. Working with global brands such as United Airlines, BP, Johnson & Johnson, Unilever and Volvo, we have a real impact on the lives of hundreds of thousands of people around the globe.
Bluewater's success is directly attributed to the people we bring on board. Our people are innovative and caring. We stay with our clients and each other for the long run and we have fun doing it. We have a passion for making technology work for our clients and making sense to their people. Purpose drives our people as we tackle things like governance and change management while driving implementations and optimizations of learning and talent management systems.
Our people make our mission look easy because they love what they do and who they do it with. No one here starts their day thinking what's in it for me, nor do we forget about our brand promise. You won't find us approaching an engagement with narrow focus or staring at only one piece of the puzzle. Our people are all about making an impact in the world and helping people improve themselves so that they can make a positive impact on their organization. Some may call that a tall order, we call it our legacy.
With a crusading spirit, Bluewater serves their clients and their people. We believe we are much better working as a team and that working alone leaves us all vulnerable and we will miss the opportunity to find the best creative solution. We believe in providing stability and permanence for our employees and our clients and are moved to help others. We take our promises to heart and find meaning and fulfillment in the successes of others. At Bluewater, we don't just dream, we dream big, it is our calling, after all, to enable companies to develop their people for the future of their business and the transformation of the world.
Sat, 6 May 2017 12:42:59 PDT