Restaurant Manager - Quick Service
Reports to: Operations Director / Franchise Owner
PLEASE NOTE: A VALID DRIVER LICENSE, INSURANCE, AND PERSONAL TRANSPORTATION ARE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION. CANDIDATES WITHOUT ANY ONE OF THESE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
This position begins as a manager-in-training, with opportunity to assume full restaurant management responsibilities as described below once mastery of the requirements is demonstrated.
• Oversee entire restaurant operations, including management of staff, control of food and labor costs, sales results, product production, food safety, cleanliness, cash control, training, inventory, and local store marketing.
• Set high standards for store impressions, customer service, and creates a great environment for the team to work.
• Work hands-on during shifts in whichever area of store requires assistance - front counter, drive thru, and kitchen.
• Complete required company paperwork in an accurate and timely manner, including daily reports, ten day reports, running timecards, checking applications for accuracy, submitting requests for raises and vacations, and monthly inventory.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested by owner and operations director.
• Minimum two years of quick service restaurant management experience required.
• High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
• ServSafe® or Learn2Serve Management-level certified or approved equivalent, or ability and willingness to obtain this within 30 days of employment.
• Must be willing to work a minimum of 55 hours per week, to include a minimum of two evenings, one of which is comprised of a double shift on the weekend.
• Customer focus - strong hospitality and customer service skills, enjoys engaging with the customer.
• Trainer and coach - ability to be a strong trainer and coach to others on restaurant routines and systems, as well as how to effectively interact with customers and each other.
• Management skills - excellent track record of coaching and developing employees and effectively resolving employee relations issues. Ability to motivate and retain a strong team, and set a positive and upbeat store environment.
• Organization and goal focus - must be highly organized and detail-oriented with the capability to oversee all aspects of the business and multiple areas simultaneously in a fast-paced environment. Must be able to set clear goals for the business and actively work to achieve and exceed these goals.
• Technical - proficiency with Point of Sale systems.
• Flexibility and adaptability - willingness to follow directions and a commitment to meet operational standards.
• Integrity - does the right thing even when no one is looking, honest, earns trust of others.
• Must have a personal vehicle, valid driver license, and proof of insurance.
• Perform under pressure in a high volume restaurant including moving and responding quickly for long periods of time.
• Work in and out of different temperature ranges.
• Stand for long periods of time.
• Lift up to 25 pounds.
• Work around nuts and other allergens.
• Total compensation once a store management position is reached is comprised of base salary and a monthly bonus based upon food and labor cost control, plus sales goal achievement.
• Successful manager's income can be upwards of $90,000 annually. Average annual pay is approximately $60,000.
• Pay as a manager-in-training is hourly with overtime, commiserate with experience, plus opportunities for bonuses when assisting to run a store during a manager and/or assistant manager absence.
• Health, dental, vision, and life insurance provided. Access to company 401(k).
R&S Dairy Queens, Inc. is an independently-owned franchisee of American Dairy Queen with 19 locations in San Antonio and the surrounding area. We have been in business since 1979 and are family and woman-owned. Our employees number between 250 and 400 depending upon the season, most of whom are hourly crew members at our stores. Many of our employees have been with the company for 15+ years, with several having tenures of over 20 years.
San Antonio, TX
Sat, 6 May 2017 09:52:57 PDT