Survey Party Chief
Manage a survey crew to complete assigned field survey projects. Responsible for boundary surveys, topographic surveys, control surveys, construction layout and staking, environmental mapping, GPS/GIS surveys, and land surveying. Must possess an understanding of the survey profession and the associated responsibilities of a Crew Chief. Essential functions and responsibilities include:
- Communicate with the client and project team to understand the goals, challenges, schedule, budget, and expectations of the project
- Plan the project workflow prior to starting the project including budgeting and scheduling
- Conduct research to obtain the appropriate public/private land records, survey control point data, and other pertinent information from various sources for boundaries, location, topographical and design surveys, location of right of way, and utility locations
- Operations total station, level, GPS receiver, and data collectors in performance of field surveys
- Calculates and turns deflection angles on curves and figures distance to points along curve
- Establishes and sets points on construction stakeout projects (curb and gutter, drop inlets, storm sewer, sanitary sewer, waterline, etc.)
- Makes sketches and records measurements to indicate exact location of horizontal and vertical control points
- Perform office functions including computations, reduction of field notes, filing, and retrieving prints
- Work in a team environment and on occasion also be willing to work independently
- Conducts proper research to aid in collection of field data
- Follows prescribed safety practices for land surveying
- Responsible for job specific quality
Experience Required. We have offices in Concordia, East Baton Rouge, Plaquemines and Jefferson Parishes. This position will cover the Harahan/Plaquemines area. Based out of Harahan. Competitive salary, benefits available
Bryant Hammett & Associates, L.L.C., is a full-service civil engineering and land surveying company that strives to provide the very best services possible. Our experienced surveying and engineering staff utilizes the most advanced technology and equipment in our pursuit of excellence, yielding quality work. Professional people and professional decisions equal positive end results.
Our executive management team has been working together since the early 1980s and has accumulated a wealth of knowledge of both engineering and the governmental permitting and funding processes. Our long-term working relationships with municipal and parish governments; the Louisiana Departments of Environmental Quality, Transportation and Development and Health and Hospitals; the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers; and other agencies have provided us valuable experience and a keen understanding of what these regulatory agencies require. Respect for these agencies, an understanding of the rules and regulations that guide them and a good rapport with their staff members often allow us to cut through bureaucracy and move our clients projects forward.
BHA has an extensive network of professionals, from structural engineers to hydraulic engineers, to help solve our clients challenges on any project. Our central locations allow us to work easily throughout Louisiana and our neighboring states. We are a start-to-finish operation that will exceed your expectations and showcase a long list of successful projects and satisfied clients as proof of our exceptional service.
Sat, 6 May 2017 07:45:03 PDT