The Restaurant Manager has the ability to plan, organize, direct, and coordinate the workers and resources of the restaurant for the efficient, well prepared and profitable service of food and beverage.
WAGE/SALARY: Negotiable and based on experience
ESSENTIAL DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Adhere to all TOW Standard Operating Procedures
- Maintain line of sight and atmosphere control by circulating through your work area throughout shift
- Ability to communicate in English with Guests and Co-workers
- Provide Guests with information and directions
- Maintain a warm and gracious attitude with our Guests
- Handle Guests' issues when food is delivered and take corrective action
- Ability to handle a wide variety of Guests' complaint, comments or incidents
- Ensure daily, nightly, weekly and opening, running, closing duties are completed
- Quick and immediate corrective action when any equipment failure and/or safety hazards
- Maintain TOW Safety and Sanitation Standards
- Clean all spills, breakage and waste immediately
- Conducts monthly inventory.
- Arrange for maintenance and repair of equipment and other services.
RESPONSIBILITIES /TEAMWORK /DEPARTMENT
- Maintain a positive and safe work environment
- Meet with sales representatives to place food/liquor orders
- Completes payroll on time and makes adjustments as necessary to timecards
- Attend/ coordinate manager meetings
- Assist in menu development; implement ideas, products, or programs
- Recruit, hire, discipline and oversee training for the staff
- Schedule work hours for the front of the house staff
- Monitor and oversee purchases and staff
- Performs all other duties assigned by the Executive Chef or General Manager
- Assist with training of the front of the house staff
- Uphold all quality standards of service
- Understand the food temperature danger zone
- Assist all other team members as needed
- Create and maintain a sense of urgency
- Performs other job related duties as assigned
- Assist with loading and unloading of miscellaneous equipment, such as boxes, food and beverage products
- Assist with the movement of tables or chairs through restaurant as needed and dictated by service and management direction
- Working knowledge of product identification
- Clean spills, debris, or broken glass
- Answer any questions from our guests regarding food or beverage
WORKING KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Former experience in food and beverage operations and management.
- Social intelligence; ability to train, teach, and communicate with others.
- Decision making ability
- Organizational skills; dealing with diverse duties and staff
- Business sense; strong understanding of food and labor costs.
- Ability to work flexible schedule due to the restaurant needs.
- Knowledge of food and beverage items
- Have a good working knowledge of the entire Food and Beverage Menu
- Memorize the Menu Matrix
- Understand and be able to ask questions about special dietary concerns
(allergies, Vegetarians, etc)
- Proper lifting techniques and able to lift 50 pounds
- Inventory and stock rotation
- Good guest relationship skills
- Mindful of Sanitation and Safety
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Requires bending, lifting, reaching, walking, carrying, repetitive motions, and standing up to 10 hours
Lifting up to 50 lbs
May work within hot and cold temperature levels and changes
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND SCHEDULE:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions:
Must be open and available to meet the needs of the restaurant.
SECURITY ACCESS AND REQUIRED EQUIPMENT:
Health Insurance, Paid Vacation and Sick Leave after 1 year, Flexible Spending Health and Dependent Care Accounts, AFLAC Insurance Programs, Parking, 30% Employee Discount at Top of Waikiki or Sky Waikiki (for a party of 4, including the employee), annual $50 Gift Certificate for your birthday every year while employed with the company.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The Top of Waikiki is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Whether you are here on vacation or kama'aina, Top of Waikiki is Hawaii's only revolving restaurant that offers world-class service and unforgettable panoramic views. For over 50 years, Top of Waikiki is proud to serve the finest and freshest Hawaii Regional Steak and Seafood prepared nightly by Executive Chef Lance Kosaka.
Sat, 6 May 2017 19:58:39 PDT