Senior Quality Engineer
The Sr. Quality Engineer is the company quality leader who ensures the Company's processes, tools, systems, and models generate exceptional results for our clients and customers. This is accomplished by implementing, maintaining and auditing quality model/standards, measuring and linking results. Responsible for implementing solutions through continuous improvement.
• Responsible for all aspects of the implementation of the company-wide Quality Management System in accordance with internal and external standards such as ISO 9001
• Must ensure implementation and effectiveness of Internal Quality Audit System.
• Track and maintain data analysis of key metrics and performance data as it relates to quality strategy and results.
• Establishes statistical reliability by using mean time before failure, reliability modeling, and reliability demonstration tests.
• Drive for continuous improvements and stretch quality targets throughout the organization
• Interact with Operations and Product Development to meet or exceed internal and external customer and vendor quality performance targets.
• Interfaces with vendors to ensure product quality
• Provides guidance, support and training for quality systems used throughout the organization
• Lead or participate in activities related to CAPAs/ SCAR, Deviation, complaint investigations, and evaluations of returned products.
• Coordinate inspection activities / and work with Quality Inspectors and Technicians.
• Provide CMM support and troubleshoot CMM inspection failure. Support updating CMM program.
• Develop, perform, review and approve verification/validation activities.
• Lead and participate in Internal / external auditing as required.
• Lead and participate in development of employee training programs.
• Conduct investigations & impact of equipment failing calibration, Support Calibration activities.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree preferably in Engineering, Physics, Optics or related field
• 5 years' experience in Quality Assurance and Quality Control engineering within a high tech organization
• Mechanical and optical background required; experience within laser industry preferred
• Clean room experience required
• Solid ISO9000 and other relevant certifications
• Strength and background in statistical process control, and root cause/trend analysis.
• Demonstrated project management skills using a consultative, customer-focused approach.
• Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills including presentation and facilitation
• Detail oriented with ability to problem solve
• High tech experience within a fast-paced, start up environment
• Motivated, effective, hard worker with a team player "can-do" approach High tech experience within a fast-paced, start up environment
• Successful track record accomplishing desired results
• Effective, hard worker with a team player "can-do" approach
TeraDiode, a subsidiary of Panasonic, is a Massachusetts based high-growth startup and a world leader in developing high-power, high-brightness diode laser systems. Our kW-class direct diode laser technology is a disruptive force in the materials processing industry, which is currently dominated by fiber lasers and carbon dioxide lasers. Our patented wavelength beam combining technology was developed by our co-founders from MIT Lincoln Laboratory and is designed for defense, industrial, and commercial materials processing applications.
Sat, 6 May 2017 08:04:34 PDT