Electrical Controls & Instrumentation Project Manager
Systems East Inc. is a close knit group of technical professionals who work well together to deliver quality custom control systems and integration solutions. We specialize in the municipal and industrial water/wastewater industry and are seeking a full time Controls Project Manager. Electrical Engineering degree preferred and or equivalent of 10+ years experience managing projects from start to finish in a technical / construction environment to include industrial, motor control and PLC systems design and implementation.
- Responsible for all aspects of a given project from assignment through project completion including all contractual obligations. Manage and direct project team and assign team member duties.
- Project related duties include:
- Review and understanding of SEI proposal and scope of work
- Review of project plans and specifications
- Review of project estimates with team members
- Review of customer purchase order or subcontract for project delivery requirements, or project milestones, requested submittal dates, equipment deliveries, start up activities, final documentation and contract completion dates
- Make initial contact with customer within one week to introduce yourself and advise preliminary submittal schedule
- Advise management of preliminary project schedule
- Work with management to project production & oversee job cost
- Advise management of any concerns with project estimates, errors, omissions, etc.
- Oversee development of control system design and project BOM
- Perform material cost control check for all BOMs prior to submittal release
- Approve all project submittals before submission to owner / engineer
- Promptly review returned submittals and address any items in writing to owner / engineer. Resubmit as required
- Upon submittal approval, contact customer to confirm manufacturing schedule.
- Coordinate with purchasing to insure all equipment orders are placed expeditiously.
- Provide approved drawing sets and BOMs to Shop Supervisor and advise schedule.
- Develop/Submit project training agenda or plan as required by contract.
- Coordinate all field efforts to efficiently complete the project commissioning to a close.
- Other Duties:
- Assist with bid estimates if requested.
- Advise management of any team issues, personnel problems, concerns, or shortages.
SYSTEMS EAST INC., was founded in September 1993 and specializes in the design, application, manufacturing and installation of custom instrumentation, control, and monitoring equipment with a concentration in municipal and industrial water and wastewater treatment and distribution systems. Our personnel have proven experience in the conceptual design, application and installation of; process instrumentation, pump control systems, electronic process instruments, programmable logic controllers, distributed control equipment, Man-Machine Interface (MMI), computer systems and primary sensing devices.
All custom control panel and motor control center assembly and wiring are performed in house at our facility located in Hampton, Virginia. This permits SEI to maintain quality control during the entire assembly process. All panels are tested by our design and field service technicians prior to shipment. On site start-up service, calibration, and the commissioning of the control system are provided upon completion of installation.
Systems East Inc. provides an excellent benefits package, competitive salary and is an EEOC company
Sat, 6 May 2017 09:25:12 PDT