EMS Communication Center Dispatcher - Full Time, nights
Midwest Ambulance Service of Iowa is seeking an individual who wants an exciting career in EMS as a Dispatcher. The current opening is for a Full Time Dispatcher. Hours will vary and be based on need. If you are selected, we will train you to handle emergency calls and to dispatch EMS services.
As an EMS Communications Dispatcher, you will:
- Handle emergency and non-emergency phone calls, and inquires.
- Operate 2-way radios and Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) programs and tools.
- Direct and dispatch emergency and non-emergency medical services, personnel and resources.
- Attend and participate in department meetings.
- Other assignments as needed
Successful candidates must have a variety of experience, education and training that demonstrates knowledge and leadership skills to perform and direct personnel in a multi-tasking, multi-sensory, stressful work environment.
Minimum Qualifications: A Communication Supervisor/Dispatcher must also be able and willing to; and all candidates must:
1. Have a High School diploma or GED certification
2. Be at least 18 years of age prior to hire
3. Have NO felony convictions
4. Possess strong leadership and management skills
5. Have strong computer and keyboarding skills (requires speed & accuracy in typing, approx 40 wpm)
6. Have one+ year of recent, reliable work experience (preferred)
7. Attend the mandatory job orientation
8. Flexible working schedule
9. Work as needed and assigned
10. Work weekends and holidays
11. Show reliable and predictable attendance
12. Study, memorize and practice job skills
13. Work in a stressful, multi-tasking environment
14. Take orders and handle criticism or feedback without being defensive
15. Follow very specific detailed protocols - and - Make quick, correct decisions and judgment calls
Hours of operation. MIDWEST AMBULANCE operates 24-hours a day, 365-days a year, including weekends & holidays.
MIDWEST AMBULANCE is located in Des Moines, IA and operates throughout Polk, Poweshiek and Jefferson Counties. The work location is Des Moines.
Equal Opportunity Employer
MIDWEST AMBULANCE is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal opportunity and access regardless of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, veteran status, disabled veteran status, or physical, mental or sensory disability. Recruitment processes are conducted to ensure open competition, provide equal employment opportunity and prohibit discrimination based on race, political views, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, or other non-merit factors. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
1. Submit Application
2. Application Screening
3. Initial Oral Interview
4. Testing Exam(s)
5. Criminal History Check
6. Oral Board Interview - The oral board consists of a panel of three interviewers, including the Dispatch Operations Manager, EMS Operations Manager and the company President.
7. Training & Probation - New hires must successfully pass all stages of the training and probationary period, including but not limited to orientation, call-taking for EMS dispatching, and data entry. Individuals must consistently demonstrate the highest levels of integrity, motivation, leadership & professionalism.
Midwest Ambulance provides excellent benefits, which include:
- Medical and Dental
- Life Insurance
- Vacation Pay
- Sick Pay
- 401K Retirement with matching fund Plan
- Holiday Pay
- Uniforms and much more
Please submit an application today at http://www.midwestambulance.com/employment/
Midwest Ambulance Service of Iowa is a private critical care paramedic ambulance service. We operate in Des Moines, Grinnell, and Fairfield, Iowa. We contract with The city of Grinnell and part of Poweshiek county to provide their E911 and EMS transportation needs.
Midwest Ambulance Service is the only ambulance service that is a Certified Veteran Owned Small Business in Iowa.
If you are in the EMS field check out our exciting career opportunities!
Des Moines, IA
Sat, 6 May 2017 18:42:14 PDT