Clinical Laboratory Scientist
Clinical Lab Scientist Positions in your area, and throughout California.
Must have 12 months experience within the past 3 years as a CLS,
Must be licensed in California.
Duties/Responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to:
- Knowledge of laboratory testing, laboratory equipment and quality control procedures. This knowledge shall include all current laboratory tests commonly ordered by physicians in general practice.
- Knowledge of: Principles and practices of clinical laboratory work and the use and care of laboratory equipment; preparation, mounting and staining of specimens; laboratory apparatus, serological, bacteriological, and biochemical tests and analyses.
- Skill in: Preparing specimens, running standards and calibrating analyzers following standard Quality Assurance protocols, reading tests and recognizing the normal and abnormal, setting up laboratory apparatus, and making quick and accurate serological, bacteriological, and biochemical tests and analyses.
- Familiarity with Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) and California Code of Regulations (CCR) Title 17, Division 1, Chapter 2, Subchapter 1, Group 2, concerning the operation of a clinical laboratory.
- Knowledge of current phlebotomy procedures. Individual may be required to oversee or perform blood draws (phlebotomy) and perform blood-processing functions, such as freezing specimens and separating plasma.
- Process test results for physicians and clinics.
- Assist in laboratory inventory control.
- Comply with universal safety precautions, maintain a safe work environment, including safe use of equipment contained therein and maintain Institution security measures.
- Document and maintain medical records in accordance with Institution policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain professional working relationship with Institution physicians, nurses, patient-inmates/youths and Health Care Services staff;
- Act as lead for laboratory technicians and support staff as needed and when requested,
- Perform other duties as assigned within the scope of laboratory medicine.
We are a professional registry serving California since 1984. We specialize in medical staffing to provide short and long term registry staff to California Department of Corrections facilities throughout California. We staff full-time, part-time and per diem.
San Quentin, CA
Sat, 6 May 2017 11:18:49 PDT