Talented Network Engineer Needed to Join Our MSP Firm
We are an exciting and growing IT Support Firm looking for a dynamic team player; an Engineer who enjoys working with a team of professionals, using the best technology available. Also, this position is client facing; you will be speaking to clients as well as working with our Engineering team. Most work is performed in the office (70%), however some work will be performed on-site (30%). This is a full time position, and you must be VERY comfortable working directly with clients. This is definitely a client facing position. Customer service and communication skills are paramount to your success.
The Engineer Level I is responsible for managing and maintaining our end client's networks. Ensuring client satisfaction and quieting their networks are essential in this position. This position will be working with servers, routers, and switches in addition to desktop support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Engineer Level I position is a key contributor in the success of managing our client's networks. This is achieved by quickly resolving incidents that our clients open tickets for and by constantly monitoring the alerts generated by our tools to resolve incidents before our clients are aware.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work on multiple priorities and/or projects simultaneously.
- Excellent listening and communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong customer relationship skills.
- Organized, detail oriented and self-motivated.
- Ability to provide and maintain detailed documentation on each job.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to effectively communicate through e-mail.
- Must be comfortable and have Intermediate knowledge in routers, switches, and other networking devices.
- General knowledge in managing Microsoft Server Operating Systems and Networks.
- Advanced knowledge of all Microsoft Workstation Operating Systems and Applications.
- Ability to remain in contact with the client thru the completion of the incident.
- Problem-solving abilities and ability to meet reasonable deadlines.
- Ability to build positive and collaborative relationships.
- Willingness to develop professionally.
- Ability to work with little supervision and manage a team.
- Work directly with Clients and self-manage a project or ticket through to completion.
- Work through Microsoft Exchange migrations from on-prem to cloud (Office 365)
- Reliable transportation as on-site work will be necessary in client-facing environments.
- Success in the NOC Engineer I position will be based on your ability to meet or exceed our client's expectations and by exceeding the SLA (Service Level Agreements) put in place for the various agreements.
- The team will be graded on the profitability of the client agreements and on the amount of incidents that are able to be resolved before affecting the clients.
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
- A+ Certification is preferred.
- NET+ Certification is preferred.
- Microsoft Certified Engineering Professional (MCSE) is preferred.
- 2+ years' experience in computer network management is required
- Experience in managing end client networks is preferred.
- Cisco Certification is a plus
- Meraki Certification is a plus
- Mac Experience is a plus
- Normal professional, office environment.
What you'll love about working at CSG:
Our company's success is driven by our Employees. You'll be working with an amazing Team, one of the best in the business, in a highly collaborative, team and results oriented atmosphere.
You'll have the opportunity to work in a positive environment, where the Team works TOGETHER, and where there is always the opportunity to challenge your skills and move the needle.
Our mission, as created by our team states "We provide the strategic technology backbone for thriving businesses" and our vision is "to be the nation's most people-focused technology company". We understand that people come first, not technology.
The dedication to excellence has paid off as we've been named an Inc.5000 Honoree two years in a row in 2015 & 2016 as well as been featured in the media- television, newspapers, etc.
Our team members use the latest technology to delivery our services. We have an excellent working environment that includes:
- Competitive group health care plan options with matching company incentives
- 401K with company match
- Bonus based on performance
- Delicious coffee, beer on tap
- Employee product discounts on computers and software, and many other items
- Employee training and certifications
- Company tools & gadgets
- Company Career Path and Individualized Strategic Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Employee monthly events
Los Angeles, CA
Sat, 6 May 2017 19:27:58 PDT