Located in uptown Denver, University Information Systems (UIS) provides technical services and a portfolio of secure, reliable and cost effective enterprise applications to the University of Colorado campuses and the Office of the President. UIS is committed to excellence in customer service and technical expertise.
This position exists to provide technical support in the area of integration of University Enterprise Systems. The position will be tasked with requirements gathering, design and development of integrations using a variety of technologies including both file transfer and message based patterns. This work will integrate the University's enterprise systems, including PeopleSoft systems and Salesforce.com CRM, with each other as well as external data providers and consumers. The position fulfills a technical contributor role on IT projects. The incumbent will partner with a Data Analyst by providing expertise on the data and integrations ecosystem at CU.
The University of Colorado is committed to recruiting and supporting diversity and equality in education and employment. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans.
- Systems Analysis and Design: Work with a Business Analyst and Data Analyst to design technical solutions to fulfill systems integrations needs, including writing technical specifications. Create technical documentation (15%)
- Communicate and collaborate with business liaisons, senior developers, architectural staff and project leadership to clarify requirements, resolve issues, implement technical solutions and provide support on interface projects. Provide updates on project process and outstanding issues (25%)
- Program coding, testing, production implementation. Write new or modify existing programs using a variety of computer languages and technologies on a variety of operating system platforms. Confirm accuracy of software by testing new and modified applications, and by coordinating end user system testing (40%)
- Provide operational support for integrations after production implementation (10%)
- Performs all other duties as assigned (10%)
Who we are: System Administration, which also houses the Office of the President, is located in the uptown neighborhood of Denver with an office in Broomfield and a few smaller offices located on the campuses. This position is located in Denver. Many of our departments support the educational and research missions of the four University of Colorado campuses. We provide diverse opportunities for professional development, innovation, and collaboration with talented staff and faculty.
What we offer:
Salary: The salary range for this position is $65,000 - $75,000.
Benefits: The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. Information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or a related field
- Four (4) or more years of experience in Enterprise IT
- Two (2) or more years of experience working as an integrations developer, working with a variety of system or data integrations across enterprise systems
- Experience with the following variants of the XML markup language: XML, XML Schema, XPath, and XSLT or XQuery
- Experience in hands-on development of SOAP Web Services
- Experience with Oracle SQL, including experience with query tuning and PL/SQL
- Experience integrating on premise systems with SaaS solutions
- Experience working in a multi-campus university system
- Oracle SOA Suite or Oracle Service Business Development
- Experience interacting with commercial REST and SOAP APIs including OAuth, API execution limits, JSON, etc.
Special Instructions to Applicants:For full consideration, completed applications must be received by Monday, March 20, 2017. Those who do not apply by March 20, 2017 may or may not be considered. Reference checking is a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including email addresses, for up to five references as part of the search process for this position. *Please note: All application materials must be submitted through CU Careers; emailed materials will not be considered.*
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires a verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:You must attach a cover letter and resume to your application as two separate documents. Please ensure you check the "Job Specific Attachments" box next the each document on the "Required Documents" page of the application for the appropriate documents to be attached. For full consideration, please apply by March 20, 2017.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Denver
Department: S0001 -- System Administration - 50119 - University Information Systems
Posting Date: Mar 6, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Lauren Morain
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00689581