Adjunct Assistant Professor, Computer Science - UNIX
Teach evening face-to-face or hybrid section(s) of CIS 204 (UNIX Scripting and Utilities) for fall, 2017. Adjunct responsibilities include preparing and/or managing course materials and instruction; following provided course outlines and assessing objectives; performing certain administrative tasks such as submitting course grades, syllabi, and attendance; occasionally participating in professional development activities, and meeting with students before or after class as needed.
- A master's degree or above in computer science (or subfield) or computer information systems; or
- A master's degree or above with 18 graduate hours in computer science (or subfield) or computer information systems; or
- A bachelor's degree or above and a combination of
- at least two years of discipline-related work experience (non-teaching); and
- discipline-related course work at a level above the course desired to teach.
- (Discipline-related certifications may ease the course work and discipline-related work experience requirements.)
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced knowledge of the UNIX operating system
- Experience with learning management systems.
- Teaching experience in an academic setting.
- Current industry or educational experience in the field.
Click here for a summary of our benefit information. For a summary of our adjunct faculty compensation, click here.
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained. For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or other factors that cannot be lawfully considered.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email.
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc) refer to the links on our Career page.
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
Competitive rate of pay.
For full consideration apply before
Open until filled
Hours per Week
~Application, Cover Letter (If interested in other courses, please also include which courses you can teach and teaching availability.), Resume or Curriculum Vitae, and Unofficial Transcripts. If employed, certified transcripts for all college level education will be required. Provide required documents when completing the application. REQUIRED: If selected to be interviewed for this position, the candidate will be asked to present an on-campus mock lesson on a topic to be