Medical Assistant / Patient Care Coordinator
$39,528 - $49,176
This position performs medical, technical, and administrative support services to contribute to the efficient day-to-day operations providing a positive patient experience. Clinical duties may include escorting patients to exam rooms, taking and recording vital signs and medical histories, preparing patients for examination, assist in procedures, and other duties as directed by physician. Provides administrative support to the providers and interacts with patients by scheduling patient appointments in tandem with the provider availability, interacts with patients in person and on the phone, answers clinic phone, greets patient at check-in, collects patient information, updates/maintains electronic records, insurance verification, handles visit payments, ensures the clinic has needed inventory for operation, and performs clerical tasks.
This position will be assigned to work at various clinic locations in the inland empire. This position may be required to work different shifts, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
1. Medical Assistant Diploma or Certificate of Competency. Must have written evidence to validate training and competency as a medical assistant (i.e., certification of completion of a medical assistant training program, or a letter from supervising physician). To administer injections or provide venipuncture, must have written evidence of validation for training and competence in medication administration by injecting and skin testing.
A minimum of two years (2) years of experience working in an environment performing tasks related to front and back office duties related to this position. At least one (1) of these years should be in a medical clinic office or hospital setting where insurance verification and patient financial responsibilities are performed.
2. Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
3. Understanding of medical terminology.
4. Familiarity with universal precautions, handling of bio-hazardous waste, specimen identification and transport. Experience using standard exam room medical equipment and computers.
5. Strong oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with patients of varying ages and multicultural backgrounds. Strong interpersonal skills. Must demonstrate customer service skills appropriate to the job.
6. Must possess the skill, knowledge and ability essential to the successful performance of assigned duties. Ability to maintain a work pace appropriate to the workload. Ability to work well in a constantly changing environment.
7. Flexibility to work at various clinic sites in the inland empire and different work shifts, including evenings, weekends, and holidays. Travel will be required between practice sites and administrative offices.
1. Current Medical Assistant Certification.
3. Work experience in a neurology, pain management, women's health, and/or primary care clinic setting.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview