Senior Contracts & Grants Admin
$53,700 - $105,900
Be part of a team of financial analysts managing the financial operations of seven units, including two large multi-disciplinary research and teaching departments, multi off-site organized research units, and four Interdepartmental Graduate Programs. Works closely with faculty to prepare agency-specific multi-year budgets and coordinate submission of contract and grant proposals for multiple agencies. Performs high-level budget/resource analyses including forecasting, retrieving data from campus financial system, organizing and validating data, and preparation of comprehensive monthly financial reports for principal investigators and management, utilizing Excel and complex analytical tools. Interprets and implements procedures in documenting and determining allowable costs and ensuring compliance. Serves as Contract and Grant liaison between the department and UCR's Offices of Research and Extramural Accounting. Supports the faculty and FOM with Contract and Grant administration and budgeting. Prepares and processes budget and expense transfers as needed while adhering to agency and university policies. Maintains fiscal integrity for all assigned extramural/intramural funds and accounts, ensuring they are in an auditable/reportable condition.
Demonstrated ability to interpret and effectively articulate complex policies and procedures, both orally and in writing.
Demonstrated knowledge of generally accepted accounting, fiscal and reporting principles.
Demonstrated ability to work with a high level of accuracy in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines and to work independently as well as cooperatively in a team situation.
Thorough understanding of research administration guidelines of Federal and non-Federal sponsors supporting research and educational activities, preferably in a university environment.
Bachelor's degree in related area and five (5) years of related experience and/or equivalent experience/training.
Ability to manage significant volume of transactions.
Maintains current knowledge of compliance regulations in all areas of research administration.
Ability to perform complex financial analysis and customized reporting.
Thorough knowledge of applicable compliance requirements related to use of human or animal subjects in research, financial conflict of interest, biosafety, etc.
Independent judgment and strong organization and communication skills and customer service focus across broad and diverse subject areas.
Demonstrated competence in the use of spreadsheet and database software in financial analysis, fiscal management and financial reports.
Extensive knowledge of UC Systemwide and campus Contracts and Grants policies and procedures.
Demonstrated knowledge of UCR's financial systems and research applications.
Knowledge of UC Policies and procedures and on-line campus financial systems.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview