8AM - 5PM
$45,624 - $65,436
Act as primary transactor for ePay reimbursement requests and secondary Travel Coordinator. Act as primary Petty Cash Custodian. Assist with various financial operations of the department, including ProCard transfers, payroll and non-payroll transfers, deposits of all external revenue, Fed Ex billing, and campus recharges.
Provide administrative support for a wide variety of tasks including, but not limited to, oversight of departmental copiers, mail distribution, key distribution, grad student office assignments, maintenance of departmental listservs, conference room reservations, paycheck distribution, etc. Coordinate the weekly Entomology 250 seminar series and other special departmental seminars.
Responsible for the physical receipt of orders, notifying labs that orders have been received, and recording the receipt of packages in the eBuy purchasing system.
At the time of interview, applicant will be required to supply their most recent ORG chart.
Demonstrated organization skills, such as accurate record keeping with strict attention to detail and ability to organize tasks, documents and materials with efficiency and accuracy. Demonstrated skill in using compluter applications, including MS Word and MS Ecel. General bookkeeping knowledge. Ability to set priorities and work independently managing multiple tasks with frequent interruptions. Ability to work effectively as an individual, as a team member, and with diverse groups, including other staff, students and academics, using tact and diplomacy.
Knowledge of UC policies and procedures, especially those governing travel and entertainment. Knowledge of UC online systems, such as Payroll/ Personnel System (PPS), UCR Financial System (UCRFS), Wen Recharge, eBuy, UCRFS Totals, and SuperDOPE. Demonstrated knowledge of general accounting principles and fund accounting.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview