Talent Acquisition Coordinator
8AM - 5PM
$47,600 - $70,800
Under the general supervision of the Executive Director, Talent Acquisition the Talent Acquisition Coordinator plans, manages and reports on assigned talent acquisition and management activities and projects. Working as an integral part of University Advancement's talent acquisition and human resources team the coordinator will support the goals and priorities of the department ensuring proactive implementation of programs and services related to talent acquisition. Primary focus is on candidate sourcing; identifying potential candidates and stewarding thru the interview to hiring process. Position will include collaborating with human resources colleagues to optimize staffing process, the new employee onboarding experience, employee engagement, updating of job descriptions and providing high quality customer service to candidates, hiring managers and employees. The Talent Acquisition Coordinator will handle candidate travel arrangements, scheduling of interviews and reimbursements in order to ensure the timely and efficient processing of all necessary information and paperwork while maintaining the strictest confidentiality. Please Note: Applicants will be required to complete a skills assessment as part of the selection process.
Has analytical skills to conduct analysis and develop recommendations, demonstrates organizational skills and problem-solving skills.
Proficient in communicating clearly and effectively verbally and in writing and in integrating information in the completion of assignments.
Ability to organize work, establish priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment.
Acquiring knowledge of organizational policies and procedures and knowledge of functional area.
Demonstrated ability to handle difficult or volatile situations/individuals effectively.
Possesses basic knowledge of human resources policies and programs and organizational policies and procedures.
Knowledge of the university's Human Resources Management System (HRMS) and other related business software programs and systems.
Knowledge and experience using Microsoft Excel and experience with manipulation of data.
Has working knowledge of other areas of HR.
Experience using avenues such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms to identify and recruit top tier candidates..
Experience with updating/maintaining database information as UA builds a candidate tracking system. Ideally, incumbent will be able to edit and improve as necessary.
Proven ability to initiate conversations, maintain eye contact, and encourage useful conversation related to work experience and interest in working at UCR, Must possess tact, discretion, and positive attitude.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview