$34,392 - $47,172
The UC Riverside Recreation department is seeking a senior custodian to be a part of a diverse team of professionals responsible for providing custodial duties to support the recreational facilities which includes the Student Recreation Center and the Lakehouse at Big Bear. The Recreation department is a part of the Student Affairs division which is committed to providing an inclusive environment that attracts a workforce which mirrors the diversity of the campus, which is ranked 4th in the nation as most diverse, and surrounding community. Within this exciting environment, rich with growth opportunities, you will be responsible for keeping the recreation facilities clean and safe for the users of the facility. This includes mopping, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning windows/mirrors, cleaning restrooms, among other duties. You will also be responsible for cleaning the Lakehouse at Big Bear located in Big Bear City after groups reserve the facility. The work of our custodial team helps provide clean and safe facilities which is a part of the Recreation departments overall mission to enhance mental, physical and social development through recreational services, programs, and facilities. The anticipated schedule for this position will be Wednesday through Sunday. The budgeted hourly rate hiring range for this position is $15.99 to $18.74.
To learn more about the benefits of working within the Student Affairs division Recreation department, visit recreation.ucr.edu to learn about all the programming recreation has to offer.
Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the English language.
Able to follow oral and written instructions.
6 months experience in custodial cleaning operation.
Physical ability to perform custodial tasks which require bending, twisting, stooping, squatting, stretching, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
Hired applicant must successfully pass a background check through the Department of Justice.
Must possess or obtain a valid California drivers license in accordance with the California Department of Motor Vehicles.
Must be able/willing to drive department vehicle on mountain roads and in snow/icy conditions.
Must be able to put snow chains on vehicle.
Experience in providing custodial service in recreational facilities.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview