Physician Assistant (PA)-Neurosurgical
$82,812 - $115,968
UCR Health is a team of physicians, specialists and healthcare professionals dedicated to improving the health of Inland Southern California residents and families by bringing health home to our communities.
Established alongside the School of Medicine at the University of California, Riverside, UCR Health is growing to meet the healthcare needs of the region - bringing innovative, culturally sensitive medical care to our communities. Our patient-centered primary care and specialty services deliver university-based healthcare excellence and innovation to the communities where we live, work and play. To learn more about UCR Health, please visit: www.ucrhealth.org
This position will work in conjunction with a supervising neurosurgeon will provide clinical expertise to acutely and chronically ill neurosurgery patients by taking detailed medical histories, performing exams, interpreting lab results, making diagnoses, and implement in- and out-patient treatment. Hospital duties include assisting in neurosurgical procedures, closing wounds, ordering and reviewing MRIs and CT scans, and making rounds. Collaborates with others in the clinic to assure smooth flow of patient care consistent with established quality indicators and participates in the overall coordination of patient care. The care delivered will be based on theoretical principals and scientific knowledge and in accordance with requirements set forth by the California Physician Assistant Board.
The position's primary work location will be in the inland empire working in the UCR Health Clinic and in affiliate facilities. Additionally, this position may be required to be on call and work different shifts, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
1. Current California Physician Assistant license. Current unrestricted DEA license and National Provider Identifier (NPI) number.
2. A minimum of two years' experience as a PA
3. Current Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certifications.
4. Must meet UC credentialing requirements.
5. Strong interpersonal skills and excellent bedside manner.
6. Ability to make emergency decisions quickly.
Patient care experience in a neurosurgery setting.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview