Honors College Program Assistant
Job Title Honors College Program Assistant
The Honors College Program Assistant oversees the operations of the main reception desk. Provides a wide range of information to students, prospective students, walk-ins and the Honors College staff. Handles routine communications including email, phone, and walk-in inquiries.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Four years of office support experience providing database management, typing, filing and customer service.
Experience operating a personal computer with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
Experience working in a higher education setting with special population students and/or areas with student life emphasis.
Experience with Banner, Canvas or similar software.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge of general office procedures.
Knowledge of or ability to learn Banner and Canvas software.
Knowledge of inventory control principles and methods.
Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects with minimal supervision.
Ability to complete assignments within deadlines both accurately and with attention to detail.
Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse group of staff, faculty, students, and the community in a service-oriented environment.
Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times.
Salary Range $12.45 - $13.79 ($26,000 - $28,000 annually)
Essential Job Duties
• Oversees the operations of the Honors College main reception desk. Greets and assists all visitors in a prompt and courteous manner. Handles routine communications, including email, phone, and fax, as well as bulk mailings. Schedules appointments and answers all general inquiries regarding the Honors College and refers inquiries to appropriate resources as needed.
• Sends weekly email announcements and distributes information to ensure effective communication between Honors College students, faculty, staff and the university community.
• Schedules room reservations and logistics for events, meetings, Honor College visits, and other activities. Assists with setup, implementation and breakdown of events such as Honors Orientations, Open Houses, Signature Events, Awards Ceremonies, and Cording Ceremonies.
• Accurately records meeting minutes for Honors College staff meetings, Honors Executive Board Meetings, and other meetings as requested.
• Coordinates office inventory and assist with office supply orders. Oversees the check-out of Honors College supplies and equipment.
• Assists with filing, printing, and organizing office records and materials.
• Assists with the maintenance of the Honors College web page, Canvas page, and blog.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number PS271P
Open Date 05/05/2017
Close Date 05/19/2017
Open Until Filled No
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you possess a high school diploma, equivalent, or higher?
- * Do you have four or more years of office support experience providing typing, filing, and customer service?
- * Please explain your directly related experience to the position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please indicate the number of years of directly related work experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have experience operating a personal computer with proficiency in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)?
- This position is eligible for veteran's preference. For additional information regarding veteran's preference, please review the FGCU Human Resources website and click on the link for Veteran's Preference. You may copy and paste this URL into a separate browser window for easier access to veteran's preference information: http://www.fgcu.edu/HR/. To be eligible for veteran's preference, you must upload your DD214 to this posting. A new DD214 must be uploaded with each application submitted. Forms submitted under a previous application will not transfer to another position application.
- * Are you claiming veteran's preference?
- * Please indicate how you first learned of this position.
- Job Board
- Print Advertisement
- Social Media
- Job Fair/Conference
- FGCU Website
- Employee Referral
- * Per the question above, please specify the name of where you FIRST learned of the position?
(Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
- List of 5 Professional References (with relationship of each)