Commercial PAR Representative
Overview : This Commercial Patient Accounts Receivable Representative position is responsible for assisting patients with financial aspects of their hospital service and collecting outstanding balances. The ideal candidates must have 2-3 years healthcare reimbursement experience in a hospital setting.
- Follow up on all claims from billing through final resolution.
- Review and prepare claims for manual and/or electronic billing submission.
- Identify billing errors for correction and resubmit claims to insurance carriers.
- Follow up on payment errors, low reimbursement, denials, etc.
- Review Insurance EOB's and initiate appeals as necessary.
- Print and mail UB04s or HCFA 1500s as necessary for account resolution.
- Act cooperatively and responsibly with patients, visitors, co-workers, management and clients.
- Keep current with all commercial and managed care pricing models, rules and regulations
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures including, but not limited to those identified within the Standards of Business Conduct and the Employee Handbook, as may be amended from time to time.
- Adheres to all applicable laws and regulations and the company's governance/compliance program.
- Responsible for reporting violations of the company's policies and procedures, Standards of Business Conduct, governance program, laws and regulations through the company's Help Line or other mechanism that may be available at the time of the violation.
- Assists with internal control failure remediation efforts.
- Becomes knowledgeable of internal control responsibilities through training and instruction.
- Responsible and accountable for internal control performance within their area of responsibility.
- Participates in the internal controls self-assessment process.
- Ensures concerns with internal control design or performance and process changes that impact internal control execution are communicated to management.
- Minimum of 2+ years experience in healthcare customer service or insurance collections field.
- Strong knowledge of computer billing systems.
- Ability to work well individually and in a team environment.
- Able to work in a professional, corporate setting.
- Experience working with customer support/client issue resolution management.
- Proficiency with MS Office.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Options: Apply for this job online Apply
Email this job to a friend Refer
Share on your newsfeed
Connect With Us! Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
nThrive is the leader in providing end-to-end revenue cycle services, technology and education solutions. Previously known as MedAssets, Precyse and Equation, each formerly a leader in its own right, we've combined our talents and capabilities into a single enterprise. At nThrive, we are people who are passionate about empowering health care for every one in every community. We work together to transform financial and operational performance, enabling health care organizations to thrive.
Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/D/V
El Segundo, CA
Fri, 5 May 2017 08:08:08 PDT