JOB TITLE: Project Engineer
Our client is a leader in the design, development and manufacturing of the automotive industry's most advanced interior technologies. They are a proactive customer-focused organization committed to exceed customers' expectations by delivering creative solutions through our advanced engineering technology and operational excellence. Their products include: Dome Lamps, Reading Lamps, Ambient Lighting, Task Lighting, Courtesy Lighting, Overhead Console Lighting, PRNDM Modules, Control Switches, Wire Harnesses, Surface Mount Technology, Assist Handles, Coat Hooks, Interior Plastic Components, Floor Mats, Cargo Mats, and Tufted Carpets.
JOB SUMMARY: The Project Engineer is responsible for leading the design, engineering and validation of lighting and electronics programs.
• Lead the design and engineering of lighting and electronics projects
• Lead the assessment of design feasibility of design projects using predictive engineering methods
• Ensure engineering change documents are created, maintained and communicated with appropriate departments to process changes effectively throughout the organization
• Ensure mock-up parts and prototypes are created based upon design specifications
• Support Program Management and attend meetings with information relevant to assigned projects
• Lead the creation of engineering presentations, charts and documents with supporting engineering evidence or calculations that meet or confirm specifications
• Ensure the proper creation and maintenance of Bills of Material (BOM), Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (DFMEA), Process FMEA, Design Verification Plan & Report (DVP&R), open issues and other engineering/PPAP-related documents
• Lead the development of testing plans and follow-up test set-ups, ensure confirmation of results and provide countermeasure plans for test anomalies
• Lead the creation of engineering and design standards
• Lead design and engineering in 3D CAD systems and creation of 2D drawings that communicate the engineering criteria and standards for assigned products
• Ensure that report changes and change alerts are in the appropriate customer system (GMES, Ford, WERS, etc.)
• Provide ideas and support all Cost Reduction activities
• Ensure documentation of all engineering activities per the APQP process
• Provide engineering support and documentation to the Sales team on new business development activities
• Support and track monthly metric activities
• Attend customer meetings as necessary
• Experience in the design and engineering of automotive lighting and electronics systems
• Experience in leading engineering activities through successful attainment of budget and timeline requirements
• Demonstrate creating presentations and technical documents
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, or related field
• Prior experience in automotive or manufacturing setting, or related field
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Interpersonal Skills
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
• Budgets/Cost Control
• Problem Solving/Analysis
• Product Knowledge
• Results Focus
• Sense of Urgency
VP Total Solutions is a creative and flexible staffing firm specializing in contract to hire, long-term contract and direct placement. We have the ability to save companies thousands of dollars due to our low overhead business structure without compromising quality or quick turnaround.
IT, Automotive, Engineering, Clerical, Call Center, Manufacturing and General labor are just some examples of the industries we focus on. We literally have thousands of resumes in our database full of candidates that could be a perfect fit for your hiring needs.
With over 60 years of experience in the staffing business, we are professionals that analyze your business and company culture to ensure a great fit at a great rate!
We look forward to helping you with any upcoming projects or helping you manage your workforce by placing the right person in the right job!
Fri, 5 May 2017 07:23:45 PDT