A fast growing, leading edge Restoration Company with offices in Oak Lawn, IL is looking for an energetic and highly motivated individual to join our Team; an individual that is organized, detailed oriented with excellent communication skills.
Overview: The Lead Carpenter is responsible for assisting in the completion of building maintenance & construction-related projects, in a professional and timely manner. They will traditionally be working on an allotment of projects as they are capable of handling, as assigned by the Superintendent or PM.
• Produce quality repairs by following company standards and procedures; measuring results against standards; making necessary adjustments.
• Determines material requirements and dimensions of structure by studying blueprints, sketches, building plans, estimates and/or work orders.
• Prepares reconstruction plans by following company procedures for returning a structure back to its original state before the damaged occurred.
• Constructs and/or repairs by marking cutting and assembly of materials; shaping materials to measurements; assembling and fastening; using carpenter's hand tools, power tools, and woodworking machinery.
• Complies with federal, state, and local building codes by adhering to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with the company's procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing improvement needs.
• Constructs, repairs, restores and installs structures such as floors, doors, walls, windows, stairways, furniture, cabinets, shelves and roofs.
• Projects and work with structural framing of building in both wood and metal, repairs and maintenance, demolition of horizontal and vertical structures.
- Contribute to overall customer satisfaction.
- Customer communication.
- Respond to customer concerns.
- Ability to positively motivate others.
- Develop skills of others.
- Convey positive image of the company.
- Provide valuable insight for improvements.
- Complete delegated tasks on time.
- Seek information and knowledge on new issues.
- Cooperation and respect for others.
- Follow company policies and procedures.
- Develop creative solutions to problems.
• GED or High School Diploma and four years of experience relating to construction, maintenance, or repair, or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge of wood and metal structural carpentry, tools, materials and related work procedures.
• Knowledge of Uniform and Building Codes and Standards.
• Attention to Detail, Planning, Power Tools, Conceptual Skills, Supply Management, Basic Safety, Equipment Maintenance, Judgment, Customer Service.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Your talents will be rewarded with a salary commensurate with your level of experience along with bonus opportunities. Your employee benefit package includes retirement, paid vacation and holidays.
Blue Island, IL
Fri, 5 May 2017 07:20:45 PDT