Assistant III, Administrative-Internal
General Statement of Job
To provide clerical and administrative support.
Location Highland Campus Hours 40 hours/week as assigned; Generally Monday-Friday, 8 am - 5 pm Salary Assistant 5/115 ($25,376.00 - $36,252.00) FLSA Status Non-Exempt Reports To Department Chair of Foreign Languages Criminal Background Check Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Additional Job Specific Duties
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with/willingness to learn Google Apps and WordPress
- Exceptional organizational skills while paying close attention to details and deadlines
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Office procedures and practices.
- Customer service techniques.
- Basic bookkeeping procedures.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Preparing and processing purchase orders and/or other purchasing liaison skills such as procurement card (P-Card) reconciliation, preparing requisitions, etc.
- Managing the budget within assigned department.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow-through.
- Entering data, maintaining files, and performing other clerical duties.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Effective customer-orientation when working with a diverse population.
- Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software.
- May also use social media, work with desktop publishing, and update webpages.
Required Work Experience
- Two years related work experience.
Preferred Work Experience
- Experience with the following ACC processes:
- Textbook Ordering
- Datatel System
- Personnel Authorization Process (PAs)
- Experience with the following ACC processes:
- High school diploma or educational equivalent.
- Associate of Arts/Science degree or higher
- Work is performed in a standard office environment.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
Other Preferred Qualifications
- Proficiency in a foreign language a plus
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload as deadlines approach
- Attention to detail and deadlines
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Austin Community College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.