Assistant, Administrative - Hourly
General Statement of Job
To provide clerical and administrative support.
Location Highland Campus Hours Up to 19 hours/week; Hours will vary, includes evening and weekends. Schedule based on availability and staffing needs. Salary $11.00/hr FLSA Status Non-Exempt Reports To Learning Lab Manager Criminal Background Check Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Additional Job Specific Duties
- Greet and assist students with signing into waitlist system.
- Check out and monitor Learning Lab equipment.
- Answer student questions about Learning Lab via in person and on the phone.
- Work collaboratively with students, staff and faculty.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Office procedures and practices.
- Customer service techniques.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Entering data, maintaining files, and performing other clerical duties.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow-through.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Demonstrated proficiency at an intermediate level using standard office software applications.
Required Work Experience
- Two years clerical, office, or related work experience.
- High school diploma or educational equivalent.
- Work routinely performed in an office setting.
- May be subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, climbing, pushing, pulling, and manual dexterity.
- Occasional to routine lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Austin Community College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.