Assistant I, Executive
General Statement of Job
To provide executive level administrative support.
Location Highland Business Center Hours 40 hours/week as assigned; will include some evenings Salary Assistant 9/120 ($38,159.00 - $54,513.00) FLSA Status Non-Exempt Reports To Executive Vice President, Vice President, Associate Vice President Criminal Background Check Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Additional Job Specific Duties
- Possesses and demonstrates strong writing skills and the ability to communicate at an executive level on behalf of the VP, Community Engagement & Public Affairs.
- Prioritizes workflow for the VP, Community Engagement & Public Affairs, as needed, including phone messaging, emails, other correspondence, etc.
- Possesses and demonstrates a high level of expertise in Word, Power Point, Outlook, Google calendar, as required.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- College operations, organization, policies, and procedures.
- Records retention, preservation, and recording.
- Principles and methods of budget preparation and expenditure control.
- Office management processes and procedures.
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Preparing and processing purchase orders.
- Accountable for inventory/property management.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills, including the use of tact, diplomacy and confidentiality.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills, including the use of intense attention to detail and follow-through.
- Compiling and organizing complex material, summarizing discussions and actions taken in report form.
- Reviewing and preparing narrative and statistical reports and records.
- Interpreting and applying rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Analyzing situations accurately and adopting an effective course of action.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software.
- May also use social media, work with desktop publishing, and update webpages.
Required Work Experience
- Four years related work experience.
Preferred Work Experience
- Experience working for an executive level administrator in a public affairs, legislative or higher education setting.
- Associate degree.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Work is performed in a standard office or similar environment.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Austin Community College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.