The Chicago School of Professional Psychology
San Diego, CA
Founded in 1979, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology (TCSPP) is an independent professional university with a dynamic student body and a professionally accomplished faculty. Our curriculum and training opportunities prepare graduates to deliver outstanding professional services emphasizing the ability to understand and work with diverse populations.
The Executive Assistant will provide a high level of active and independent administrative support to the faculty, staff and administration of the San Diego campus as directed by the Campus Director.
- Serve as a main resource and key liaison for the San Diego Campus Director and operational support for the San Diego campus.
- Answer calls and greet visitors of the San Diego campus, and connect them with campus personnel and services as determined appropriate.
- Coordinate and make arrangements for in-person, telephonic, and virtual conferences, meetings, and events hosted by the faculty, staff and administration of the San Diego campus.
- Prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters, and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, and/or presentation software.
- Prepare agendas, reserve rooms, and order catering for meetings and certain events.
- Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries.
- Perform general office duties such as ordering supplies, maintaining records management systems, and performing basic bookkeeping work.
- Help organize and train student workers.
- Ensure that the San Diego Campus Director's travel plans, expense reports and invoices are created and processed regularly and accurately. Assist other University leaders with the same as needed.
- Attend meetings with Campus Director. Draft agendas, schedules, notices, minutes, and respond to information requests on behalf of the Director.
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Anticipate and respond to issues
- Establish priorities, and work in an organized manner with emphasis on detail and accuracy
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments and meet competing deadlines
- Ability to work independently without close supervision and as a member of a team
- Excellent written communication skills with consistent application of correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar for preparing and proofreading various documents and reports
- Demonstration of strong customer service skills and ability to manage professional and interpersonal relationships.
- Technical Skills: Must possess advanced knowledge/skills in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, and Web applications
- Ability to possess a professional demeanor and attitude
- Ability to handle work of a confidential or complex nature, necessitating exposure to sensitive information and contacts requiring considerable discretion, judgment, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to apply practical knowledge of the school and its programs.
- Ability to be proactive, to take initiative and to have a "do what it takes" attitude
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexible and collaborative working style with the ability to adapt to changing circumstances and priorities
- 5-7 years experience work in an administrative support capacity.
- Bachelors Degree desirable.
For more information about The Chicago School of Professional Psychology visit www.thechicagoschool.edu.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an affiliate of TCS Education System. For more information about TCS Education System visit www.tcsedsystem.org
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.