Associate Dean of Advising
Associate Deans of Advising are part of a professional team whose primary function is to assist students with understanding academic requirements and to manage exception processes. Associate Deans of Advising support Campus Deans and Associate Campus Deans as they make critical decisions to assist students. Associate Deans of Advising must be highly organized and have exemplary interpersonal skills, a collaborative attitude, and the ability to form positive working relationships with staff, managers, and students. Associate Deans of Advising are responsible for high level academic exceptions and escalated student issues. They also support Global and Strayer@Work students with all functions normally performed by a Campus Dean or Associate Campus Dean in the campus environment.
This is not a remote position **Work location is Salt Lake City, Utah or Chantilly, Virginia**
- Serves as a resource for difficult or complex Academic issues escalated by managers, advisors, and coaches.
- Monitors and ensures university compliance with academic policies, procedures, and standards, including state-specific regulations.
- Assesses student academic standing and develops academic recovery plans where appropriate.
- Provides accurate and timely academic advising services, including new student advising, alert advising, and graduation advising to Global and Strayer@Work students.
- Leverages institutional knowledge of internal resources to quickly refer students to the appropriate educational support services and resolve student academic issues.
- Assists new and continuing students with course selection placing particular emphasis on inexperienced and at-risk students.
- Assists in developing strategies to improve administrative policies and processes.
- Works closely with other team members to support organizational objectives.
- Develops collaborative relationships with university, campus, and online campus academic staff to stay abreast of policies, procedures, and objectives.
- Understands and effectively communicates the curriculum, graduation requirements, policies, and procedures.
- Supports coaches, campus deans and associate campus deans by offering feedback on student issues and concerns to provide guidance to support operational objectives.
- Works with management on refining and scheduling appropriate training sessions.
- Communicates company information and answer questions.
- Contributes to other special projects and assumes other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution required.
- At least three years of academic advising or counseling experience strongly preferred.
- At least three years of experience in customer service strongly preferred.
- At least three years of student service experience strongly preferred.
- At least one year of teaching experience preferred.
- Ability to lead under pressure with integrity and to follow through on details.
- Ability to manage people, processes and/or projects.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem solving ability.
- Exhibit sound judgment and accountability in making decisions.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills to interpret and act on various management reports.
- Proficient with the University tutoring and academic services and resources (e.g. Blackboard, eLU, SUNOW, iCampus).
- Fluent in academic support services, policies, and requirements.
- Strong computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain exemplary working relationships with coaches, faculty, staff and administrators.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills as well as effective listening skills.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision to meet deadlines, manage multiple tasks, and prioritize duties.
- Strong background in working with a diverse group of coaches, staff, and managers.
- Must be able to travel up to 10% of time
- Travel via plane, car, and metro is required to perform this job
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Must have the flexibility to work more than 40 hours per week when business need warrant - including evenings and weekends.
- Mobility within the office including movement from floor to floor
- Access information using a computer
- Effectively communicate, both up and down the management chain
- Effectively cope with stressful situations
- Strong mental acuity
Working at Strayer is rewarding and each one of us is incredibly passionate about succeeding at our mission and that passion is contagious. With that in mind we are always in search of dedicated, talented individuals who want to be part of something that's enriching, challenging, and rewarding.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strayer.edu.
We€™re honored and proud to announce that Strayer University has been recognized as a 2017 Top Workplace by the Washington Post.
Strayer University is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law.