Research Scientist - Department of Bioengineering (A1700278)
Department of Bioengineering College of Engineering University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Department of Bioengineering at the College of Engineering seeks applicants for the position of Research Scientist. The Research Scientist is primarily responsible for research and development in the area of nanoscale biosensors for biomolecular characterization. This position reports to the Department Head of Bioengineering. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Research and development of next generation nanopores DNA sequencing and characterization devices
- Using electron beam and focused ion beam to drill nanopores in insulators and grapheme layers
- Perform measurements using nanopores biosensors for electrical characterization and detection of DNA molecules
- Explore the use of DNA-protein complexes for detection of DNA methylation
- Work with other post doc and graduate students to meet the goals of the project
- Generate journal and conference publications and disseminate the results
- Provide written proposals for research
- Assume additional appropriate related research duties to further the mission of the department
- PhD in Engineering
- 4 years of experience in bionanotechnology and nanopore sensor fabrication and measurements
- Experience in writing NIH grant proposals
The Research Scientist position is a full time, benefits-eligible Academic Professional position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To apply for this position, please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume, and names/contact information for three references by May 19, 2017. Full consideration will be given to complete applications received by the closing date. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Drew Schlosser (firstname.lastname@example.org), 217-300-4189.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
Organization Name: Bioengineering
College Name or Administrative Unit: Engineering
Category: Academic Professional
Open Date: 05/05/2017
Close Date: 05/19/2017