Associate Provost for Faculty Development - Office of the Provost (A1700276)
Associate Provost for Faculty Development
Office of the Provost
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Internal to Campus
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign has an opening for an Associate Provost for Faculty Development in the Office of the Provost. This position is a 100% full-time, benefits-eligible Academic Professional position. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications and the start date is as soon as possible after the close of the search. The Associate Provost for Faculty Development provides campus-wide leadership in the area of faculty development and success, including faculty mentoring, support for pre-tenure and mid-career faculty, career paths for specialized faculty, and leadership development. The Associate Provost of Faculty Development will also serve as a key member of the Provost's leadership team and may be called upon to provide assistance across the broader portfolio of the Vice Provost for Academic Affairs.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide campus-level leadership in processes and relevant policies related to faculty development, including but not limited to the following: mentoring; new faculty orientation; mid-career faculty programming; faculty leadership awards; pre-tenure faculty workshops; leadership development; tenure rollbacks; sabbaticals.
- Assist the Vice Provost for Academic Affairs with faculty hiring, retention, and other processes and policies related to faculty affairs, including managing human resource matters related to faculty in consultation with Academic Human Resources.
- Develop initiatives that promote faculty diversity.
- Assist the Vice Provost for Academic Affairs with the campus promotion and tenure process.
- Oversee the management of the Provost's Office website.
- Manage the process for faculty sabbaticals and leaves.
- Provide general oversight to the Campus Dual Career Program.
- Act as the Provost's Office point person for issues related to Specialized Faculty.
- Provide input and guidance on campus policies and procedures, including Provost's Communications.
- May have supervisory responsibilities for academic professionals, Provost's Fellow(s), and/or Assistant Provosts.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
Required education: Terminal degree in field of study.
Required experience and knowledge:
- Minimum of three years administrative experience at the departmental or college level of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign campus.
- A strong record of research accomplishments commensurate with a tenured faculty appointment at the level of full professor in an academic unit.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with administrators, academic staff, faculty, and students from various disciplinary areas.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, and to assume responsibility for complex projects.
Preferred experience and knowledge:
- Demonstrated experience in leading and mentoring faculty at different phases of the tenure and the non-tenure track system.
- Demonstrated administrative experience at the departmental or college level.
To ensure full consideration, application materials must be received by May 29, 2017. Proposed start date for this position is as soon as possible. All candidates must create a candidate profile through https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a letter of interest, resume, and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three professional references. Interviews may begin prior to the close of the search however a hiring decision will not be made until after May 29, 2017. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Jennifer Steiling at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
Organization Name: Provost/VCAA Admin
College Name or Administrative Unit: Office of the Provost
Category: Academic Professional
Open Date: 05/05/2017
Close Date: 05/29/2017