Finance Budget Coordinator
This position will report to the Director of Budget at The City College of New York. In addition to the overview duties, tasks include but are not limited to:
- Participate in the development of annual budget, and quarterly, mid-year and year-end expenditure reports.
- Develop financial models to monitor and analyze spending.
- Evaluate reports and work with other managers to resolve problems and discrepancies.
- Develop and maintain a salary database for the College.
- Perform data entry of new salary actions in College financial management system and internal databases.
- Coordinate personnel actions with Human Resources.
- Analyze salary trends and prepare reports for review.
- Assist Budget Director with the preparation of various financial management reports.
Bachelor's Degree required.
- Proficient in excel with an emphasis on VBA.
- Knowledge of payroll systems preferred.
- Experience with database management preferred.
- Experience with CUNY First is preferred.
- City College experience preferred.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Administers program and unit budgets and related functions.
- Processes and maintains data in budget systems
- Prepares budgets, projections and financial reports
- Collects and reports fiscal information as required, and assists in analyzing financial information
- Coordinates with various departments on budget and accounting matters
- Monitors systems and operational issues to improve overall workflows
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Finance Budget Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are viewing this job posting in CUNYFirst, please click on "Apply Now" on the bottom of this page and follow the instructions.
If you are viewing this job posting externally, please apply as follows:
- Go to www.cuny.edu and click on "Employment"
- Click "Search job listings"
- Click on "More search options"
- Search by Job Opening ID number
- Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST UPLOAD A COVER LETTER AND RESUME AS ONE DOCUMENT IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING FORMATS: doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format.
July 3, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: City College of New York
Job Title: Finance Budget Coordinator
Job ID: 16711
Full/Part Time: Full-Time