Finance Procurement Director
The College of Staten Island (CSI) is a City University of New York (CUNY) senior College organized around two academic divisions and three schools, with over 14,000 students. CSI offers a broad range of academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences, and in several professional areas. The College awards associate's, bachelor's, master's and clinical doctoral degrees, and in collaboration with The CUNY Graduate Center, numerous Ph.D. degrees. CSI's internationally recognized faculty passionately engage in scholarly and artistic activities, and together with a strong professional staff, lead students through transformational learning experiences both inside and outside of the classroom. The College is situated on a 204-acre site, has recently incorporated a residential component, and is currently engaging in capital expansion. It is a hub of intellectual and artistic activity and a community partner and source of economic impact and job creation for the greater Staten Island area.
The College's faculty, administration, and staff are committed to educational excellence as they instill in students an enduring love of learning and respect for pluralism and diversity. The College community recognizes its responsibility to strive for the common good, including an informed appreciation for the interdependence of all people, as well as providing students with the opportunities for successful future careers.
The College conducts its purchases in accordance with New York State and University procurement policy and guidelines. These guidelines are designed to conduct procurements efficiently and effectively while protecting the interests of the State and its taxpayers and promoting fairness in contracting with the business community.
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President for Finance and Budget, the Finance Procurement Director's duties include not only the CUNY Title Overview, but are not limited to:
- Conducting procurements to meet the College's needs, ensure fair and open competition while ensuring vendor responsibility and producing an optimal solution at a reasonable price;
- Provide for participation of State certified minority- and women- owned business enterprises as well as service disabled veteran owned small businesses;
- Provide day-to-day supervision and guidance for full time and part time staff.
- Attend CUNY monthly Purchasing/Accounts meetings to keep abreast of procurement policies and procedures;
- Attend annual State Purchasing Forums for compliance with their procurement policies and procedures;
- Oversee, manage and ensure compliance with applicable University and College policies and procedures related to Asset management.
Bachelor's Degree and eight years' related experience required.
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Accounting, Finance or closely related field preferred;
- Experience in conducting procurements in a Higher Education setting;
- Five (5) years of supervisory experience in Purchasing Operations;
- Familiarity and prior experience with ensuring compliance with NYS Procurement laws, requirements;
- Familiarity and prior experience working with PeopleSoft ERP systems - i.e. -State Financial System, CUNYfirst; and
- Strong communication and writing skills.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Directs a College's purchasing and contracting operations including staff supervision and legal compliance.
- Oversees the procurement of all goods and services necessary for a College's operations within the parameters of CUNY and NYC procurement regulations.
- Represents the College on purchasing and contract matters, providing expertise and guidance during the bidding, selection, negotiation and contract processes.
- Manages and supervises the purchasing office staff to assure all activities related to goods and services are performed in accordance with the applicable guidelines and regulations.
- Manages the Board Resolution process for contracts and purchases in excess of mandated amounts.
- Liaisons with College, University and governmental representatives.
- Provides reports to the executive administration on department operations as required.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Finance Procurement Director
Higher Education Officer
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please visit http://cuny.jobs/ and enter the Job ID# in the "What" section field. Candidates must attach a resume, cover letter, and three professional references (name, title, organization, and contact information) as one file.
June 3, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: College of Staten Island
Job Title: Finance Procurement Director
Job ID: 16262
Full/Part Time: Full-Time