Working Title: Staff Biostatistician
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: PBHS Public Health Sciences Admin
Posting Date: 11-16-2016
The Department of Public Health Sciences is currently seeking a Staff Biostatistician to collaborate with research faculty members and other investigators in the School of Medicine on multiple clinical and basic science research projects. The biostatistician designs, writes, and tests complex statistical analysis. The incumbent collaborates and supports statistical genetic and bio-statistical projects, provides project status reports, and provides research publication and grant proposal support.
This is a professional staff position in the Department of Public Health Sciences. The staff person participates in research conducted through the Department of Public Health Sciences across departments in the School of Medicine. The individual in this position is expected to be sufficiently mature and senior enough to manage his/her time with minimal supervision. The individual also must be able to prioritize between multiple concurrent tasks as research needs and study demands dictate, have individual initiative and the ability to largely work independently, although with weekly status review of his/her work and joint determination of overall priorities with supervisory faculty.
Candidate must have a Master's degree in statistics, biostatistics, health services research, mathematics, or computer science, and a minimum of five years of experience in biostatistical applications. Relevant experience as a student may be considered.
This position is restricted and contingent upon the continuation of funding.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Strong communication skills.
2. Ability to manage his/her time with minimal supervision.
3. Ability to prioritize between multiple concurrent tasks as research needs and study demands dictate.
4. Ability to maintain individual initiative, and the ability to largely work independently although with weekly status review of his/her work and joint determination of overall priorities with supervisory faculty.
2. Programming experience in R/S- PLus, Perl, C, Java, and/or SQL.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=74789