Financial Aid Assistant
Financial Aid Assistant
Position Number: 53047309
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Campus Location: Dahlonega
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Financial Aid Assistant. The Financial Aid Assistant assists with the completion of financial aid forms, reviews financial aid documents received, and provides front desk customer service to recipients of federal, state, institutional, and private funds. Very limited evening/weekend work is required.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 18,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Financial Aid Assistant will:
- Provide excellent front desk customer service to students and families
- Review all documents received by the financial aid office for accuracy and completeness
- Answer all student inquires in person, by email or by phone
- Answer Direct Loan questions and assist students in completing the process
- Help students and families complete their federal, state and private financial aid forms
- Assist with imaging and indexing
- Evaluate student awards for accuracy
- Performs other job related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of office practices, procedures, systems and equipment
- Basic knowledge of grammar, spelling punctuation and simple mathematical functions
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel and Access
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse population; ability to utilize BANNER or a similar relational database
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- High School Diploma
- Three (3) years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.