Project Coordinator-Violence Against Women Prevention Program (VAWPP)
The Project Coordinator will provide day-to-day management and oversight of the Saint Leo University Grant through the Department of Justice, Office of Violence Against Women (OVW), awarded in 2016 and ending in 2019. The Coordinator will have responsibility for ensuring the development and implementation of statutory and other program requirements and coordinating and managing all grant-related activities. The Project Coordinator will have primary responsibility for collaborative relations with internal and external stakeholders and organizations who have indicated support and advancement of the project objectives through Memoranda of Understanding (MOU) and directing timelines and tracking progress for project completion. The Project Coordinator responsibilities fall into two categories, Coordination of Grant Objectives and Tracking and Reporting of Grant Activities, as described below.
Coordination of Grant Objectives (70% of time): Provide oversight and coordination of identified grant objectives, including training programs for campus safety and security, law enforcement, incoming students, student conduct, and campus Coordinated Community Response Team. The Project Coordinator will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to develop new information literature and work with individual marginalized groups over the three year granting period. The project coordinator will assume oversight for these projects, and support incoming student programming and different training initiatives. Responsibilities will include scheduling meetings and trainings, assisting with program communication, and corresponding with target audiences. Ensure that all objectives are completed on time, and liaise with on-and-off campus partners. The Project Coordinator's activities will include attending Technical Training Institutes, scheduled webinars and liaising with assigned technical assistance provider (Green Dot). The Program Coordinator will lead the college and its partners through the assessment and development phase of the grant and develop a detailed timeline for activity and objective implementation with the guidance of OVW in Years 2-3.
Tracking and Reporting of Grant Activity (30%): Ensure that project objectives are met and outcomes are tracked within the guidelines of the grant, including maintaining records of program progress as well as evaluating program activities. Responsibilities will include, communicating with the Office of Violence Against Women about budget, budget modification (if applicable), project status, and coordinating data collection and submission for semi-annual reports.
This is an exempt position reporting to the Director, Employee Relations and Title IX Coordinator. The position is grant funded until September 30, 2019. Continuation beyond that date is dependent on continued funding.
- Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, Health Promotion or five years of experience in a Student Affairs position.
- 2 years of related professional experience in an educational or social services setting.
- Successful track record of managing a grant-funded project or program and meeting or exceeding objectives, including managing budgets and tracking financial expenditures, gathering data, compiling information, and preparing reports.
- Work experience and/or general knowledge of sexual assault, domestic/dating violence and stalking; and accepted practices in violence prevention.
- Excellent organizational, communication and coalition building skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with staff, students, administration and the community, including individuals of diverse backgrounds, life experiences and abilities.
- Ability to travel for grant-related training and institutes, approximately three times per year.
- Prior experience with OVW Campus Grant Program.
- Green Dot certified instructor.
- Technical proficiency using a computer and software applications such as Microsoft Office Suite.
Job ID 2017-1120
Job Locations US-FL-Saint Leo