EMS Communication Center Dispatcher - Full Time
Midwest Ambulance Service of Iowa is seeking an individual who wants an exciting career in EMS as a Dispatcher. The current opening is for a Full Time Dispatcher. The typical rotation for this position is a 2 week cycle. The first week is 3 shifts and the second week is 4 shifts. Shifts run from 6:00 am until 6:00 pm. Additional shifts may be required as needed.
As an EMS Communications Dispatcher, you will:
- Handle emergency and non-emergency phone calls, and inquires.
- Operate 2-way radios and Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) programs and tools.
- Direct and dispatch emergency and non-emergency medical services, personnel and resources.
- Attend and participate in department meetings.
- Other assignments as needed
Successful candidates must have a variety of experience, education and training that demonstrates knowledge and leadership skills to perform and direct personnel in a multi-tasking, multi-sensory, stressful work environment.
Minimum Qualifications: A Communication Supervisor/Dispatcher must also be able and willing to; and all candidates must:
1. Have a High School diploma or GED certification
2. Be at least 18 years of age prior to hire
3. Have NO felony convictions
4. Possess strong leadership and management skills
5. Have strong computer and keyboarding skills (requires speed & accuracy in typing, approx 40 wpm)
6. Have one+ year of recent, reliable work experience (preferred)
7. Attend the mandatory job orientation
8. Flexible working schedule
9. Work as needed and assigned
10. Work weekends and holidays
11. Show reliable and predictable attendance
12. Study, memorize and practice job skills
13. Work in a stressful, multi-tasking environment
14. Take orders and handle criticism or feedback without being defensive
15. Follow very specific detailed protocols - and - Make quick, correct decisions and judgment calls
Hours of operation. MIDWEST AMBULANCE operates 24-hours a day, 365-days a year, including weekends & holidays.
MIDWEST AMBULANCE is located in Des Moines, IA and operates throughout Polk, Poweshiek and Jefferson Counties. The work location is Des Moines.
Midwest Ambulance provides excellent benefits, which include:
- Medical and Dental
- Life Insurance
- Vacation Pay
- Sick Pay
- 401K Retirement with matching fund Plan
- Holiday Pay
- Uniforms and much more
Please submit an application today at http://www.midwestambulance.com/employment
Midwest Ambulance Service of Iowa is a private critical care paramedic ambulance service. We operate in Des Moines, Grinnell, and Fairfield, Iowa. We contract with The city of Grinnell and part of Poweshiek county to provide their E911 and EMS transportation needs.
Midwest Ambulance Service is the only ambulance service that is a Certified Veteran Owned Small Business in Iowa.
If you are in the EMS field check out our exciting career opportunities!
Des Moines, IA
Mon, 1 May 2017 14:26:32 PDT