Chief Commercial Officer
Chief Commercial Officer - moderate experience in Oncology, Genomics experience preferred.
We plan to be a leader in the Genomic Sequencing space as service providers, research scientists and collaborators. This business development position is responsible to develop and close large deals In the US. Our Genomic research capability uses our proprietary algorithms to create a calibrated pipeline that is analyzed by our Clinical Sequence Analyzer.
In this role you are expected to foster relationships with key decision-makers at biotechnological and pharmaceutical companies with complementary development pipelines to secure business opportunities for the Company in the US and build a sales force to assist you. This is the Chief Commercial Officer positon responsible for all sales and marketing functions. Although this is a "C" level position the company is seeking someone with the capability to step in at the proper point and manage million dollar deals to closure.
Must be willing to work from our Boston Office.
• Analyzes industry activity, develops annual business plan for specific market segments and assigned accounts. Participates with management in the development and implementation of the sales plan which will include forecasting territory sales and activity objectives. Reviews annual business plan on a quarterly basis to determine where adjustments may be required.
• Plans and implements monthly objectives of the sales action plan, including budgeting of time and resources, and communicates with staff, as appropriate, to achieve sales action goals and objectives.
• Develops account strategies for all appropriate clients. Anticipates and identifies client challenges, real and perceived, and partners with the appropriate operations team leader to provide solutions in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
• Maintains up-to-date and accurate records within the salesforce.com database, for accounts (active and targeted) within geographic territory. This includes items such as account profiles, individual contact details, opportunities and communications.
• Maintains current professional level of knowledge in Oncology, Genomics, Genetics and Data Management information to serve as a basis for providing "value added" expanded Company services to all appropriate clients.
• Participates in weekly updates to management and the Business Development team of new activities in the assigned territory, with urgent and important issues being shared with management as they arise.
• Actively participates at professional meetings and conventions as appropriate.
• Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
• Travel may be required (up to 70%).
• Superior, outgoing, relationship builder personality.
• Strong executive presence with a polished and professional image
• Strong communications skill. Ability to impress customers and develop trusted relationships with prospects, customers, team members, management, and industry influencers
• Enthusiastic self-directed worker capable of working independently, as well as in small teams
• Excellent time management skills and results-oriented
• Someone comfortable in a highly collaborative, team oriented culture
• BA/BS degree in a science related field, or equivalent related education and experience, plus moderate experience in Oncology, Genomics research and experience in business development.
• 10-15 years of experience in Pharmaceutical or Biotech Sales
• MBA degree preferred. Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), email, and voicemail.
• Effective presentation, documentation, and interpersonal skills with a strong team-oriented
• Highly motivated, energetic and innovative approach to problem solving.
• Ability to perform several tasks simultaneously to meet demanding deadlines.
Genome sequencing research and services to major Pharma and oncology research organizations world wide. We provide genomic laboratory services for biopharmaceutical research and clinical development, as well as enhanced & proven capabilities in genome analysis. We are pioneering the use of artificial intelligence in the life sciences. Our proprietary DeepCODE algorithms use DNA, RNA, microarray and protein data to map pathways and identify signatures that can instantly and automatically classify disease and identify novel genomic variants to power improved healthcare through new diagnostic tests and detailed understanding of biological pathways.
Fri, 5 May 2017 16:10:53 PDT