Senior IT Business Analyst (Grants) - Sponsored Project Accounting
Who we are:
In this role you will support the Campus Controller's Office but you will be a member of the Office of Information Technology. The Office of Information Technology (OIT) is a dynamic organization, filled with energetic staff and students who aim to serve the campus and contribute to student success while supporting the University's academic, research and service missions. We're located in the heart of the beautiful CU-Boulder campus. See what OIT is all about by watching our This is OIT video.
What your key responsibilities will be:
In this Senior Business Analyst position you will provide strategic IT planning and consultation services for the Campus Controller's Office and will work closely with other University and campus IT service providers to recommend and implement appropriate solutions. It is critical that the person in this role understand the business needs and objectives of post-grant-award research-related activities to determine what IT services and applications functions can or should be deployed to facilitate meeting those needs and objectives. You will work closely with departmental and campus leadership, campus IT governance groups, and system-wide stakeholders, to determine what services are applicable to meeting the needs of the Campus Controller's Office. You will also work within OIT, and collaboratively with University Information Systems (UIS), to ensure that campus IT architecture and services, and overall university context are properly considered in any proposed IT solution.
The main focus for this position will be to understand the business processes of the Sponsored Project Accounting Office and how to best utilize the functionality of the Peoplesoft Grants Module.
You will also work with campus, departmental, and core office representatives to ensure that users' requirements and gaps are addressed, and that all deliverables are completed, as well as work with users and application mangers to gather all necessary business requirements for customizations. This position will analyze and troubleshoot problems encountered in the systems and work with (UIS) to find resolution
What we can offer:
The base annual salary for this position is competitive, market-based and will depend on relevant background and experience. In addition the University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement (with a 2-for-1 employer match), generous paid time off, tuition benefit and RTD ECO Bus Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be professional. Be collaborative. Be innovative. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution or a combination of education and experience as detailed below may be substituted for the degree on a year-for-year basis.
- 5 years' of IT Business Analyst experience that includes:
- Both the development of high level strategy, business cases, process mapping, formal requirements specifications, design of complex systems with a demonstrated ability to translate them into solutions.
- Successful experience working in highly complex policy and organizational environments.
- Strong analytical experience in developing, implementing, maintaining and upgrading complex application systems.
- 1 year of testing experience including writing test plans and executing test cases.
- At least 1 year Experience with more recent versions Peoplesoft Grants, Project Costing and Customer Contract modules.
What you will need:
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and a track record of superb interaction with key stakeholders.
What we'd like you to have:
- Higher education experience.
- Experience with post-award financial management of research-related activities.
- Experience with PeopleTools such as PS Query, Approval Workflow Engine or related tools.
- Knowledge of finance- and grants-related business processes and principles.
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP, CCBA) certification.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by May 30, 2017
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials AS ONE DOCUMENT/PDF to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
Please name your document as follows: First-Last-Resume-CL-09495.
During upload, please indicate the type of document to ensure accurate submission.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10948 - OIT-Administration
Posting Date: May 18, 2017
Closing Date: May 30, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00732115