BioFrontiers Institute Assistant Director of Interdisciplinary Education
Who we are:
At the University of Colorado BioFrontiers Institute, researchers from the life and physical sciences, computer science, and engineering work together to uncover new knowledge at the frontiers of science, and to partner with industry to make their discoveries relevant. The Institute integrates faculty members from ten academic department s, facilitating their work across disciplines.
What your key responsibilities will be:
The Assistant Director for Interdisciplinary Education will lead the Institute's graduate education programs in support of our mission. Your primary responsibility will be the Interdisciplinary Quantitative Biology (IQ Biology) PhD certificate program. The IQ Biology program, created by Nobel laureate, Tom Cech, is specifically designed to support students who have a vision for their research and education and the flexibility to grow beyond the boundaries that define academic disciplines. To learn more about IQ Biology, please go to: IQ Biology.
What we can offer:
The annual salary range for this positions starts at $70,000 and will depend upon relevant background and experience. In addition, the University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement (with a 2-for-1 employer match), generous paid time off, tuition benefit and RTD ECO Bus Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be professional. Be collaborative. Be effective. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- PhD in a scientific or engineering discipline.
- At least 3 years' experience writing research grant proposals.
- At least 2 years' experience implementing education programs.
What you will need:
- Experience successfully tackling large, non-linear problems on a daily basis while also tracking progress.
- Ability to understand and empathize with multiple perspectives and motivations.
- A talent for connecting with all kinds of people on a personal, professional and scientific level.
What we'd like you to have:
- At least 3 years' experience organizing and managing large projects.
- At least 2 years' experience designing, developing graduate education programs, as well as implementing.
- Successful track record of raising funds to support educational programs though both grants and donations.
- At least 1 year experience teaching at the college level.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by May 22, 2017
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at email@example.com. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials AS ONE DOCUMENT/PDF to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
Please name your document as follows: First-Last-Resume-CL-09437.
During upload, please indicate the type of document to ensure accurate submission.
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10763 - Biofrontiers Institute
Posting Date: May 5, 2017
Closing Date: May 22, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00733179