Join our team at the University of Colorado Boulder as a Medical Assistant in the student health center Sexual and Reproductive Health Clinic! We are currently accepting applications for a position on our beautiful campus located just minutes from the mountains in sunny Boulder, Colorado.
Who we are:
The Sexual and Reproductive Health Clinic positions assist the physicians and nurses with providing comprehensive gynecological services to women. These positions will be cross-trained to provide front office and back office support to the clinic providers. The Wardenburg Health Services staff understands and is committed to the unique health concerns of our student population, making us an unparalleled source of advocacy for student wellness at CU Boulder. We provide a comprehensive range of health care services in several on-campus locations.
As a Medical Assistant at CU Boulder, you will receive excellent benefits including:
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- 10 paid holidays
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- EcoPass for free RTD rides
- An unparalleled retirement plan
The Sexual and Reproductive Health Clinic positions assist the physicians and nurses with providing comprehensive gynecological services to women. These positions will be cross-trained to provide front office and back office support to the clinic providers. Duties may include obtaining patient's chief complaint, significant medical history, allergies, current medications, family medical history, and vital signs. You will also perform basic office procedures; referral placement and follow-up; ordering labs; ordering and stocking medical supplies; and implementing provider's plan of treatment through assisting in direct patient care procedures. In addition to clinical assisting, this position will be responsible for some admin duties such as answering phones and scheduling.
The hours for this position are guaranteed 32 hours per week (.80 FTE) year round. It is a variable work schedule M-F only, and we are open M-Th 7:45 AM-6 PM and Friday 7:45 AM-5 PM.
We are seeking customer-oriented people with a strong work ethic to reflect reliability, self-motivation, and a positive attitude. Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills are required. You will need to be able to function with minimal supervision on a daily basis.
What we can offer:
Hourly Salary starting at: $16.40.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be engaged. Be supportive. Be impactful. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- A High School Diploma or GED
- Must be certified or registered as a Medical Assistant in the State of Colorado
- Must have a current BLS card/certification or ability to obtain one within 3 months of hire
What you will need:
The successful candidate will possess/demonstrate the following skills and abilities:
- A positive attitude
- Ability to work with a diverse population
- Oral and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of basic Medical Assisting duties
- The position requires basic functional computer skills (experience of Windows based systems)
What we'd like you to have:
- Professional experience with college student base health care
- Experience and knowledge working with adolescent and young adult female patients
- Experience with Medicat or similar Electronic Medical Record
- Experience working in a fast paced medical clinic
- Ability and the initiative to anticipate providers' needs for upcoming appointments
- Experience and knowledge in front and back office procedures in a Women's health care setting
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by Friday May 19, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-09434.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: Health Care
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10450 - Wardenburg Health Center
Posting Date: May 5, 2017
Closing Date: May 19, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00003328