Adult Admissions Representative (F/T), CFRE41035AIS
Create and expand the awareness about College of DuPage offerings within the District 502 community, provide informational advice to prospective students regarding admission to the college and educational options and services available to them. Emphasis is on recruitment and outreach to adult students at businesses, libraries and community based organizations.
Position Title: Adult Admissions Representative (F/T), CFRE41035AIS
Duties of Position:
- Develop, implement, and evaluate activities and programs which create and expand awareness about the value of education and the benefits of attending the College. Emphasize outreach to the community, adults, and businesses.
- Develop an annual recruitment plan that includes specific and measurable strategies and outcomes, timelines, evaluation methods, and budget source identification. Prepare monthly, semester and annual recruitment reports for adult recruitment.
- Provide informational advice to prospective and admitted students through individual and group methods either in person or through follow-up phone calling, social media and other electronic mediums.
- Provide exemplary customer service in all interactions with outreach contacts including, but not limited to, community members, business contacts, college faculty, staff, administrators and admitted and prospective students.
- Represent the college and its programs and activities at events and locations such as: community fairs, business educational fairs, community/adult centers or agencies and libraries throughout the district.
- Participate in the planning, organizing and implementing of various on and off campus programs and activities related to all recruitment and retention efforts. Activities might include: College Fair, Junior/Senior Night, Campus Visit Program, community open house event, high school counselor programs and adult outreach programs.
- Coordinate the planning, organizing and implementing of at least one of the above adult recruitment activities.
- Develop follow-up methods for moving prospects to applicants and enrollees. Follow-up methods include (but not limited to) sequential mailing, e-mail, personal follow-up person phone calls and special mailings.
- Develop and maintain adult recruitment portion of Admissions and Outreach website.
- Involvement in and attendance at activities within professional organizations and workshops and current on trends related to recruitment of non-traditional aged adult students.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Manager, Admissions and Outreach.
Experience and Education:
Two (2) years of admissions experience or related position requiring planning, implementation and evaluation of outreach activities and use on a database or inquiry management system. Proficiency in written and spoken English. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated strategic planning, follow-up and organizational skills; stamina, flexibility, strong interpersonal skills and self-motivated.
More than two (2) years of admissions experience or related position which required development and coordination of outreach activities and use of database or inquiry management system; previous community college experience especially admissions or student affairs.
Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Marketing, Continuing Education, Higher Education Administration, Student Service Personnel and/or previous attendance at a community college.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Computer, FAX, copier, laptop computer, computer projector.
Must be able to lift materials up to 30 lbs. Must deliver materials to businesses and community locations in own car. Must be able to walk distances and climb stairs with college materials. Some evening and weekend hours required. Must have a valid driver's license. Criminal background check is required for this position.
This position requires a background check and drug screen.
Department: Admissions & Outreach - AIS
Position Type: Full time - FT
Pay Type: Salary Exempt