Director of Annual Giving
Functional Title Director of Annual Giving
Position Type Administration - Staff
The Director of Annual Giving provides leadership for UNCG's Annual Giving program by developing and implementing a range of effective solicitation strategies, with particular attention to increased alumni giving. This position will develop comprehensive strategies to maximize individual donor gifts with responsibility for increasing the number and size of gifts under $15,000 from alumni, parents, faculty, staff, and friends of the college.
Planning and Implementation:
- Creates and executes a comprehensive Annual Giving strategic plan with the goal of growing the number of alumni donors and all gifts under $15,000.
- Develops strategies to increase fundraising success through direct mail, email solicitations, Giving Day, telefund and segmented marketing.
- Develops Annual Giving goals for all constituent groups and sets long-term benchmarks for success.
- Is responsible for meeting annual income goals.
- Develops and deploys well-targeted solicitations that maximize response rates and giving.
- Plans and administers robust direct mail, email solicitations, Giving Day and telefund efforts for donor acquisition, renewal and upgrades.
- In collaboration with Advancement Services, creates reports that measure the effectiveness and progress of the Annual Giving program
- Provides regular analysis and status reports to department leadership.
- Oversees donor benefits structure to ensure effective cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship for all individuals.
- Works closely with the Director of Advancement Services and the Prospect Research Managers to identify individual prospects; develops corresponding moves management plan.
- With Alumni Engagement staff, develops and executes alumni/parent event solicitation strategy utilizing volunteers, direct mail, and social media.
- In collaboration with the Alumni Engagement team, develops annual marketing and communications strategy for the Annual Giving program.
- Writes compelling copy for donor proposals, case statements, brochures, direct mail, invitations, videos, e-newsletters, and other correspondence.
- Ensures written materials are accurate, articulate, targeted, and well-reasoned.
- Serves as the project leader with external vendors to produce Annual Giving pieces.
- Works in partnership with the Events Manager to ensure events fulfill their goals in cultivating and stewarding individual donors.
- Attends Advancement and other UNCG events as appropriate, to establish rapport with donors and prospects.
- In conjunction with the Director of Advancement Services, designs and implements timely and effective acknowledgement processes for annual donors.
- Supports the maintenance of database and hard files for individual donors and prospects with call reports and relevant research data. Works in partnership with gift processing staff to ensure that gifts are coded correctly and donors are appropriately stewarded.
- Performs other essential duties and tasks specific to the position.
Bachelor degree and/or five or more years of direct fundraising and management experience, preferably within an educational institution Must be energetic, creative, and resourceful, and demonstrate initiative in seeking increased contributions. Excellent communication skills with demonstrated ability to engage prospective donors in-person and in writing through articulate, compelling, and well-reasoned proposals.; Experience working in a college environment with alumni and parent constituencies a plus. Exceptional organizational skills, with the ability to work on deadline and manage multiple assignments at once. Strong analytical and budgeting skills. Outstanding leadership, interpersonal, and mentoring skills, including the ability to work well with staff, faculty, and volunteers. A proven record of working independently and as part of a team, demonstrating flexibility and ability to compromise to achieve goals in tandem with project. Supervisory experience preferred. PC proficiency (MS Office Suite in Windows environment); facility w/ Word and Excel required. Experience with Banner, preferred.
Tenure Status N/A
Recruitment Range Commensurate with education and experience
Org #-Department Annual Fund - 34401
Job Open Date 05/05/2017
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Type of Appointment 1.0 (Full-Time)
Time Limited? No
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Writing Sample(s)
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch website
- Piedmont Triad Area Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other professional journal / website
- UNC school system job board
- Personal Networking
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu