Academic Personnel Analyst 2
Salary: $48,800 - $72,500
Title: Academic Personnel Analyst 2
Category: Management and Professional
Department: CNAS Personnel Service Center
Date Posted: 05/05/2017
Position Information: Under the general direction of the Assistant Director of the Academic Personnel Services Unit in the College of Natural and Agricultural Sciences (CNAS), this position will provide critical analytical and administrative support for multiple departments within the College. The incumbent will be responsible for complex reviews and analysis concerning a variety of academic personnel actions. Activities will include the personnel process for academic appointees, from recruitment, then initial appointment through academic advancement, up to and including separation from the University. The incumbent will be expected to analyze problems fully, gather data and information, evaluate alternate solutions, interpret and implement academic personnel policies and procedures, and provide recommendations and guidance to the Dean, Divisional Deans, Department Chairs, and department staff. The incumbent will maintain a comprehensive level of knowledge of system-wide and campus academic personnel and Labor Relations policies and procedures. The incumbent will maintain confidentiality at all times and will provide the highest level of customer service to the College. The incumbent will serve as back up support in all areas to the other Academic Personnel Analysts in the Academic Personnel Services Unit in the College.
Minimum Requirements: Analytical skills to conduct analysis and develop recommendations to Chairs/unit management.
Demonstrated organization, problem solving and communication skills.
Knowledge of unit academic culture and educational goals of discipline(s) served.
Knowledge of Human Resources Management System and other related business software programs and systems.
Knowledge of organization, college and departmental formal and informal policies and procedures and understanding of variances to stated policies.
Preferred Qualifications: Skill and knowledge in the use of the campus eFile system and the AP Recruit system.
Demonstrated knowledge and experience interpreting, applying, and utilizing complex UC academic personnel policies and procedures, including the Academic Personnel Manual (APM), the campus CALL for Senate Faculty, the Academic Hiring Toolkit, and the Bargaining Unit Contracts for Lecturers, Postdoctoral Scholars, and Academic Student Employees.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview