Clinical Services Technician II
The Clinical Services Technician II will be responsible for providing outstanding support to the Wilmore Clinic and the practicing APRN providers. This position will be directly responsible for patient care, lab testing and procedures, and maintaining exam rooms.
Duties include: acknowledging and greeting patients by name, preparing patients for their visit, guiding patients to exam rooms, obtaining and recording vital signs, obtaining medical history. Collecting specimens for laboratory analysis, conducting laboratory procedures according to Clinical Laboratory Improvement Acts standards, maintains appropriate laboratory controls and document services provided. Assisting with minor procedures, preparing and administering medications as directed by the provider, venipuncture and maintain clinical inventory. This position will also serve as back-up for the front desk registration position.
This position is located in Wilmore, Kentucky.
Clinical Services Technician II
7E000:College of Nursing
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Lifting, pushing, pulling, standing for long periods of time.
Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 6:00pm
MS Office (Word and Excel).
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Certification as Certified Medical Assistant/Technologist/Registered Medical Assistant preferred. Prefer experience with APM and AEHR fluency.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Please describe a time you provided excellent customer service to a patient in a medical office or clinic setting.
(Open Ended Question)
- * How many years of paid work experience do you have working in a medical office or clinic?
- More than 0, through 1 year
- More than 1 year, through 3 years
- More than 3 years, through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Are you currently certified as a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA), Certified Medical Technologist (MT), Registered Medical Assistant (RMA), or a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter