Head Men's Golf Coaching Specialist
LONG BEACH STATE ATHLETICS – HEAD MEN'S GOLF COACH
Full-Time (Coaching Specialist – 12-Month)
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Effective: On or about June 19, 2017
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree, prior athletic participation in men's and/or women's golf, and demonstrated commitment to working successfully with a diverse student population.
Preferred Qualifications: Knowledge of and adherence to NCAA rules and regulations; experience in men's and/or women's golf as a player or coach at the college level and/or professional level; demonstrated ability to coach and recruit the highly skilled student-athlete; public relations/fundraising skills; excellent interpersonal and communication skills; excellent organizational skills; and the ability to administer a sports related program or equivalent.
• Responsible for the development and supervision of the student-athletes in the Men's Golf program.
• Organizing, conducting, and supervising all practices and matches.
• Identifying, evaluating and recruiting academically qualified student-athletes under the guidelines established by the University, the NCAA, and the Big West Conference.
• Develop a regionally and nationally competitive schedule.
• Manage budget for the Men's Golf program.
• Monitor student-athlete academic success.
• Cultivate and maintain effective relations with students, parents, faculty, staff, media, and friends of the university; and playing a leadership role in fundraising for the program, department, and University.
• Participating in community fund-raising efforts and public relations.
• Knowledge of and adherence to all NCAA rules, policies and procedures pertaining to sport.
• A letter of application addressing the minimum and preferred qualifications listed above (please include recruitment number) along with resume, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three references.
• Finalist will be required to submit signed SC-1 form and official transcript from institution awarding highest degree.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the California State University. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin on or about May 22, 2017 and the position will remain open until filled. Applications, required documentation, and/or requests for information should be addressed to (no phone calls please):
Director of Administrative Operations
Long Beach State Athletics
1250 Bellflower Boulevard
Long Beach, CA 90840-7701
CSULB is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can learn, live and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility, and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, medical condition, age, Vietnam era veteran status, or any other veteran's status. CSULB is an Equal Opportunity/Title IX Employer