Director of Professional and Continuing Education
This is the most exciting time to be working at University College at Azusa Pacific University! With our team of dedicated professionals and faculty, we are creating a new hope for the future by investing in lives through learning pathways that are Christ-centered, flexible and accessible.
If you want to join a dynamic, God-first culture that strives to provide quality academic programs to countless students, we welcome you to apply.
Be a part of this powerful campus of an already-prestigious university that offers flexibility and innovative delivery of education to learners everywhere.
If you have a passion for service, education and innovation, we’re interested in talking to you!
We offer a competitive benefits package for eligible employees including: 30 days Paid Time Off, med/dental/vision plans, life/LTD/ADD insurance, retirement and tuition assistance.
This position strategizes, identifies opportunities, plans, and executes the identification, development, marketing, and delivery of not for credit certification and professional credentialing programs offered by the institution.
Required Experience / Education
- Master’s degree
- Five years’ progressive professional responsibility for management and administration of professional certificate programs and/or experience with workplace learning environments.
- Christian Commitment: Vital Christian faith and lifestyle
- Supportive of the evangelical mission and purpose of UC and the Azusa Pacific University System
Desired Experience / Education
- Doctoral degree in education/administration/organizational development or related field.
- Experience in logistical administration of continuing education programs and meeting activities; prior association or nonprofit experience.
- Assists the CEO with the development of marketable short professional development courses for certification/micro-credentials to the public.
- Formulates and recommends marketable certificate programs.
- Influences, manages and evaluates vendors and consultants in the development and delivery of programs.
- Ability to manage a profit center.
- Supervisory Responsibility. The position supervises a team of internal and external subject matter, curriculum design and training professionals and contributes to the direction of current and future initiatives in conjunction with the CEO.
- Some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Learning Orientation.
- Organizational Skills.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Staff/Client Focus.
- Systems thinking.
- Strategic thinking.
- Project management.
- Budget/resource management.
- Christ-centered servant leadership.
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a team-based, fast-paced atmosphere
- Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures in a complex university setting
- Ability to be proactive, take ownership of assigned responsibilities, and work with little supervision
- A positive, cooperative, Christ-like attitude supportive of the University and its mission
- A “servant’s heart” that delights in providing the highest quality academic support services
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports
- Ability to investigate, analyze information, and draw conclusions
- Ability to engage in critical thinking, exercise independent judgment, set priorities, and solve problems
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information
This position typically includes the following physical demands. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time
- Sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate a computer keyboard and other office equipment
- Visual acuity to read words and numbers
- Speaking and hearing ability sufficient to communicate in person or over the telephone
- Ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force and occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds
- GoogleApps / Gmail (desired)
- Office applications software—Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel (required)
This job description is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and Azusa Pacific University College reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the University may deem appropriate.
Azusa Pacific University College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.