Associate Vice Chancellor for Business and Budget
- Provides strong leadership in the development of financial strategies, financial management, and reconciliation of the University’s resources. Ensures adherence to applicable laws and policies in the expenditures of resources to support the mission of the University.
- Develop, implement and maintain system controls and procedures to ensure budget integrity and fiscal responsibility for campus funds. Interpret and enforce university, state and federal regulations. Establish and maintain internal controls to monitor financial activities. Primary respondent for all internal audits. Responsible for all issues related to leases and taxation. Oversees and provides guidance for risk management issues.
- Collaborate with divisional leaders on the development of strategic annual budgets that support resource and enrollment growth, facilitate public-private partnerships, advance the capital goals of the University, and are fiscally responsible.
- Support and collaborate with the Senior Leadership Team to improve ongoing analytical and financial management data and insight, develop and utilize forward-looking, predictive models and activity-based financial analyses to provide insight into the institution's operations and business plans, provide direction regarding the University's annual budget; develop short- and long- range forecasts in support of strategic decision-making.
- Provide financial stewardship, vision and innovation to implement best practices in support of the University's strategic plan; will manage resources, make recommendations, projections and implement strategy regarding cash management, capital planning, investments, bonds and other treasury issues; and will serve as the primary liaison regarding financials with key stakeholders within and outside of the University.
- Oversee all financial operations of the campus, including design of the fiscal systems, policies and procedures, preparation of reports, conducting financial analysis, and providing adequate controls over all system.
- Provide leadership to build and maintain a "best practices" finance department, initiate, establish and foster communication and teamwork by maintaining a positive, cooperative and productive work environment. Coach, mentor and develop employees. Provide oversight for Bursar Office and Business services functional areas.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with all departments through understanding of their purpose and objective; provide departments with guidance about financial matters to ensure needs are met in a timely and customer-focused manner.
- Complete special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
Master’s Degree in Accounting, Business or related field is required. MBA is preferred. Possession of a CPA is also preferred. Ten years of progressively responsible financial and administrative leadership experience with increasing fiscal reporting, accounting, auditing and budgeting is required. Experience in a large, complex organization; in a non-profit organization; or higher education setting is preferred. Extensive knowledge of accounting principles/practices and federal/state regulations. Ability to assess current finance/budgeting systems, recommend appropriate solutions, drive change and achieve results. Must have the vision to implement best practices while ensuring and advancing the financial health and stability of the University. Ability to collect, analyze, interpret and communicate financial and management data. Must be able to prepare comprehensive reports and develop spreadsheets, summaries, financial statements. Must possess a passion for excellence, creativity, an entrepreneurial spirit, political astuteness, and diplomacy coupled with the ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality. Visible, accessible, decisive and compassionate leader who possess strong management skills. Excellent organization and time management skills with the ability to set own priorities to coordinate multiple assessments with fluctuation and time sensitive deadlines. An adaptable multi-tasker with the ability to control and move forward on several priorities simultaneously. This includes switching priorities as required without losing momentum. Exceptional interpersonal, presentation, written and verbal communication skills, blended with the ability to be an effective, engaged and interested listener. This position will be required to regularly travel between campuses and will have offices on both campus locations.
For information regarding our excellent benefits package, please visit: www.purdue.edu/benefits
Professional references will be verified prior to any offer of employment. Employment is contingent upon completion of successful background and motor vehicle check.
Purdue University is an EEO/AA employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.