Assistant / Associate Professor - Doctor of Physical Therapy Program
The University of Mary Hardin-Baylor's Doctor of Physical Therapy Program seeks applicants for one (1) full-time tenure track positions at the Assistant, Associate, or Professor rank to begin August 2017. The program is seeking applicants with expertise in cardiopulmonary, biomechanics/motion analysis, or other specialty areas.
UMHB seeks faculty who are active Christians and dedicated teacher-scholars to prepare students for leadership, service, and faith-informed discernment in a global society.
UMHB is conveniently located in Belton, an historic town of 19,000 in the heart of central Texas. Excellent schools, abundant cultural and recreational opportunities, and a high quality of life are hallmarks of the local community.
Faculty Responsibilities: Activities required of graduate faculty include exemplary teaching; scholarly attainment; curriculum development and student advising; professional attainment; and service to department, college, university, and the community. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to direct student research projects and conduct research through the UMHB Human Performance and Motion Analysis Labs and area clinical research facilities.
Specific Responsibilities: Teach doctoral courses in cardiopulmonary, biomechanics, or other specialty area assessment and management.
- Must possess a current and valid Texas Physical Therapist license in good standing or be eligible to obtain Texas licensure within 90 days of hire.
- Earned doctoral degree required, terminal academic doctorate (PhD, EdD, DSc) preferred.
- A minimum of three (3) years full or part time clinical experience in a physical therapy environment.
- Excellent teaching and communication skills.
- A dedication to professional attainment, professional organization engagement, and commitment to quality improvement are essential.
- Previous teaching experience in a physical therapist education program required.
- Must be active, committed Christian.
Salaries & Benefits: Competitive salary commensurate with experience, excellent benefits including medical and dental insurance, retirement plan with match and UMHB tuition benefits for employees and their dependents.
TO APPLY: Visit www.jobs.umhb.edu for more details and to apply. Please submit a cover letter, CV, transcript copies and evidence of quality teaching performance with your online application. Application packets may also be submitted/completed in person: UMHB Human Resources, 900 College Street, Belton, TX. 76513. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.